| 2 |

The moment we turned down the street we lived on it seemed that Jake immediately had panicked and stopped me from walking further. Stepping in front of me and spreading down his arms, effictively blocking me from the rest of the walk down towards our house.

"Jake!" a voice called out and I moved my eyes down the street, watching as a tall boy made his way towards us.

"Look, I have band practice now, if mom and dad asks then I got a tutor at school," Jake quickly spoke as I just looked at him with wide eyes, "please  Yeon?"

"I- Jake, what?" I questioned blinking my eyes a few times.

"I told them I left the band, okay?" he gave me an apologetic look before he grinned widely and gave my arm a small squeeze, "just this one cover up, yeah?"

"O-okay," I hummed.

"You're the best sister!" he exclaimed before setting into a run down towards the tall boy, who had stopped walking outside the Parks' house.

I stood still on the sidewalk for some time, eventually buttoning my school's blazer as if it would make any difference to the shock I just had gotten. I directed my eyes towards the ground as I walked down the sidewalk, eventually stopping outside our house. 

I opened our small garden gate, that barely was taller than my knees, I doubted it even protected the small patches of a front yard we even had. It was quite impressive we even had a front yard, Liverpool isn't the richest city so having just these small parts of grass would look quite impressive to anyone who passes by. I'm sure they had the idea that we had a nice backyard as well, but in reality it was just a cold stone terrace with a few old garden furnitures standing around.

My keys jingled as I pulled them up from my blazer pocket and used them to unlock the door. By habit I glanced over my shoulder before entering the house, for a moment making eye contact with a boy in the same uniform as me, just misusing it a lot more, the guitar case in his hand immediately explaining why his shirt was untugged, his tie was loose and a black turtleneck reaching up past the white collar of our school shirts.

Just as fast as we had locked eyes I had looked away and stepped inside the house. I quietly slipped out of my loafers before calmly walking down to my room and getting out my textbooks, in which I would have homework for tomorrow.

I grabbed the first book in which I only would have to read a chapter, situating myself on my bed in a comfortable manner as I slipped out of my blazer and threw it over onto my desk chair. 

It's honestly unbelieveable how boring these books can be, I'm pretty sure this chapter in itself only should take me about twenty minutes if not less to read. But by how my eyes kept wandering off to check the time I'm pretty sure it took me twenty minutes to get halfway.

"I swear this is gonna kill me," I mumbled.

Once again I was immediately distracted by something, this time it was movement over in the kitchen at the Parks. I quietly let my eyes wander looking over into their kitchen, in which I made eye contact with the same boy as earlier.

I frowned slightly as he just looked over at me, his face completely expressionless. Quickly he turned his head and ran a hand through his parted hair almost as if someone had called him. I quickly directed my eyes back down on the page to try and read on, only once in a while taking glances at the boy until he eventually was gone.

I continued to sit and drag myself through my homework until eventually I could hear mom and dad get home from work.

"What are you doing Sweetie?" mom softly questioned as she knocked on my door.

"Homework," I calmly replied, not looking up from my notes, "but I think I might have to go ask Sunghoon for help."

"I think he's home, I could definitely hear Jay from that house," mom commented and scrunched up her nose by the thought of Jay.

"I'm gonna go ask him," I decided before grabbing a random book and softly pushing past mom.

I quickly rushed out and pulled on my loafers before rushing out and over to the house beside ours. I could hear the music from inside, which I sadly interrupted the moment I rang the doorbell, a loud groan coming from someone.

"Sunghoon it's your turn!" Jay's voice echoed out and I let out a small laugh before the door opened.

"Oh-" Sunghoon's eyes widened as he saw me once he opened the door, "I don't think Jake will be too happy with you being here."

"Do one, will you?" I sighed at him, "I'm here to tell Jake."

"Ah," Sunghoon nodded before just looking over his shoulder, "Jake!"

"What?" within seconds Jake's face appeared down the hallway, immediately widening his eyes as he rushed down to stand behind Sunghoon.

"Mom and dad are home now," I reminded him and he just nodded, "they haven't asked to you yet, but I think you should leave your bass here for the night."

"Noted," Jake immediately nodded before patting Sunghoon's shoulder and running back in to where I think the living room was.

"How did you get permission to go over here?" Sunghoon questioned in amusement, knowing very well that my oh-so-conservative parents would never let me enter a house in which someone like Jay lived.

"I needed your help with my homework," I shrugged and he let out a small laugh, "not really, but it did the job," I waved it off and he just nodded.

"Fair enough," he hummed, "you go get back home before any of the boys see you."

I quietly nodded, taking a few steps backwards before turning on my heel and quietly walking off. It was first when I entered the house once again and sat down on my bed that I realized why I probably got permission to go ask Sunghoon for help on my homework, mom and dad both liked him and loved to invite him over for dinner. 

I'm pretty sure they want me to date Sunghoon Park.