| 6 |

I quietly flattened down my white pencil pants, in which I had stuffed my horizontally striped shirt. I was still heavily considering sneaking out to go to Jake's gig, but I had never really tried doing it before, so just the thought freaked me out.

However, my thoughs and evaluation of whether or not I should sneak out was quickly interrupted by a few knocks on my window. Quickly turning around I watched as Lin and Emiko stood outside my window, both with wide grins on their faces. Once I rushed over and threw up my window Lin immediately threw an old pair of her tennis shoes onto my floor.

"Let's go," she grinned widely at me.

"Come on, Jake's gonna play soon," Emiko nodded at me.

Hesitantly I grabbed Lin's shoes and slipped them on, quickly tying the laces. I swear it was a miracle we used the same shoe size. It almost felt like the shoes took the decision for me as I rushed over and climbed out my window, rolling my curtains down before quietly closing the window.

"Now come 'ed," Lin happily grabbed my hand and pulled me along down the street after her and Emiko, all three of us running down the pavement towards... yeah I don't even know where the gig was but I suppose Emiko probably knew from the Japanese community or so.

"They're playing at the Green Lion," Emiko stated as she turned down the street on which night bars and pubs were scattered.

"Emi we can't even get into a pub," Lin let out a small laugh making Emiko turn around and look at us with a wide smile, as if what Lin just had said was the most ridicolous thing ever.

"Of course we can," Emiko smiled at us before just waving us along.

Lin and I shared glances with one another before both just letting out a small giggle at the youngster in our group. Sure sometimes Emiko could make seemingly miracles happen, but get us into a pub? Not a chance.

Walking up to the Green Lion Emiko simply smiled to the one letting people in and out, and within seconds he had just stepped aside and let us in, much to my surprise and Lin's surprise.

"Sorry, we can't get in where?" Emiko smugly questioned as she turned around and looked at us.

"Ugh I hate when she's right," Lin complained and shook her head in disbelief.

"Ah, look at that, they're setting up," Emiko stated and turned back to a small stage where the five boys, of which I had seen four out of five, one of them I surely hadn't seen before, "god look at his stupid face as he sets up those drums," Emiko complained.

Sharing a glance Lin and I just hummed before looking up to where Riki was setting up his drumb, both of us clearly thinking the same thing.

"Say Emi... do you happen to have a crush on our little Japanese friend up there?" I questioned in amusement and she immediately shook her head, pretending to gag as she did so. 

"Definitely," Lin stated giving me a knowing look before she was shoved at by Emiko, "hey, hey, who's the oldest here?"

As the two girls got their bickering of the night finished I watched as the boys on stage finished setting up and started tuning their instruments. Somehow I locked eyes with that Yang boy once again. I watched as he rushed to pat Jake on the shoulder as he glanced back at me and I immediately shook my head, doing any signals for me to tell him not to tell Jake. Quickly getting what I was trying to say he got Jake to help him with something on his guitar.

"Shouldn't we go somewhere to sit?" I softly questioned the girls, making them both look at me.

"Sit? No, no, no, no Jiyeon, we gotta dance," Emiko shook her head making me let out a groan.

"Sunoo taught me some new moves even," Lin nodded making me scrunch my nose up at her.

"If they're just as weird as the last ones he taught you I seriously thing you should consider having someone else court you," I remarked and she simply shook her head, "I am not dancing tonight."

"Ugh, what a drag," Emiko sighed before pulling me along to somewhere I could sit down, while they instead rushed out to stand in front of the stage purposely standing somewhere I could see them.

The boy I couldn't recognize in the band stepped forward to the microphone stand he had just set up, tapping on the microphone from which there immediately came sound.

"Good evening Ladies and Gents," he called out in a calm voice that immediately made it go silent, "let me introduce our band, The Hyphens," he stated making me let out a small snort at the band name, "on drums we have Riki Nishimura, on bass we have Jake Sim, Main guitar we have Jay Park and on lead guitar we have Jungwon Yang. I will be your vocalist tonight, Heeseung Lee. Thank you."

A silence fell over the place as Heeseung stepped back and Riki clashed his drumsticks together three times before all hell went lose. I knew they probably were somewhat decent in their playing, but I never cosidered them to be as good as they were. Jake was phenomenal on that bass, much better than mom and dad would want him to be.

The people in front of the stage immediately began moving around in a whole unit, all dancing as the band played up on stage. Most of the time I spend watching Emiko and Lin dancing around, both laughing and Emiko once in a while disowning Lin by turning her back to her, to which Lin would immediately force her to turn back around.

"Alright... let's have our last song before our break," Heeseung stepped forward to the microphone, snapping his fingers as he pointed at Jay, who started the song on his guitar.

The voice that came out of the seemingly calm Heeseung was incredible, he really wasn't holding back whenever he sang, it was quite incredible. 

I forced my eyes away from Emiko and Lin, who somehow still weren't tired. Looking up at the stage I watched as my brother looked to be flirting with some girls standing by his side of the stage, however my eyes fell back into a pair of eyes that already was looking at me.

I quietly watched as Jungwon Yang, the boy from my class and the one who had told Jake about the gig, nodded his head to the side as if asking me to go somewhere, to which I only frowned.

'Wait'

Watching him mouth that one word to me only made me looking at him even more weirdly as he turned to Jay, both boys immediately getting immersed in playing with one another.