| 2.25 |

I sat beside Mary on the bed, watching as she drawed on the paper that laid in her lap. Neither of us really said anything. She was too occupied by the paper, and I was too focused on listening to the muffled voices out on the hallway - anticipating any volume raise or tone change from any of the two parts.

"You're not taking her anywhere," a loud yell from mr. Baker came as a quieter and probably more reasoned response came from Jungwon.

"Mary?" I questioned, said girl immediately humming at the mention of her name, "do you have a favorite nursery rhyme?"

"Well... mum and I used to sing Rain Rain go Away when I was younger," Mary murmured and looked up at me, "I think sometimes... she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Those are the ones I remember, but Johnny told me she had this song in her own language. She used to sing it to him as well. Why?"

"Do you know what song it was she sang in her own language?" I questioned and she shook her head before giggling - effectively drowning out the sound of yells out on the hallway.

"No, but the words were funny. She made it sound funny," Mary excused, "I think she made up the language herself. But Johnny says that it is the language they speak where she is from."

"Hm... maybe," I nodded quietly, glancing down towards her drawing.

"But when I can. I sneak the radio into my room. I always turn up on the channel from London, if it'll play. They always play Johnny's songs," she grinned widely up at me, "my favorite is the slow one."

"Isn't there more?" I frowned at her and she only shrugged.

"I don't know. I've only heard one... I think," she casually excused, "one about a sun, moon and a rain cloud."

"Ah, that's a good one," I nodded in agreement, "I like that one too."

"He even promised that he's written a song for me, on their next album," she grinned widely as she turned to look up at me.

"Is that so?" I questioned and she immediately nodded, "I'll have to go ask him if it's true, wouldn't I?"

"Isn't he talking with dad?" Mary questioned as I moved off the bed and back up onto my feet.

"They've talked enough for today," I excused with a small smile.

Mary immediately giggled as I opened the door behind me. For a moment I sneaked out before abruptly opening the door and poking my head back in again. Smiling widely at the laugh that escaped Mary as I did so.

Once I finally closed the door after me I let out a heavy sigh and moved my way back down the hallway. Stopping in the door to Mary's room - leaning against the door frame as I watched how Jungwon sat quietly on the edge of Mary's bed and mr. Baker stood above him talking loudly and accusingly. His voice so loud that I didn't even listen to his words.

"Won?" I called softly, and somehow he heard me. His empty eyes drifted over towards me and seemed to live up just a tad bit more. Lips parting in an attempt to say something. Anything, "this just needs to stop. Right now."

"Is Mary alright?" he muttered and I nodded quietly at him.

"Doesn't even acknowledge it," I assured him, suddenly realizing how dead silent it had gone in the room.

One short glance to my left had revealed mr. Baker standing and looking at me with furious eyes. Instead of doing anything, I casually looked back over at Jungwon who simply continued to just stare at me.

"Then what's wrong?" he frowned and I sucked in a deep breath while I folded my hands in front of me.

"You already have a hell of a manager in your life. I don't believe this is a man you need to waste your time on," I excused and nodded my head towards mr. Baker.

"Why you-" mr. Baker started, but was cut off when a small laugh escaped Jungwon, "you come into my house. Take my son or whatever, and now you're taking my daughter!"

"I'm not your son," Jungwon casually spoke up, "I never was. Since when did you acknowledge or treat me like one?" he leaned back on his hands and arched a brow up towards mr. Baker, "now is Mary really your daughter? I don't think you treat her like it. Jillian isn't taking Mary anywhere, I am. Your own son."

"Get out of my house," mr. Baker growled.

"No," Jungwon shortly replied, "in fact this isn't even your house. I don't see you working to pay off the bills. This is mom's house and you're just living here rent free because you're a horrible tyrant."

Much more relaxed than I had ever seen him in front of mr. Baker, Jungwon stood up. Simply just staring at mr. Baker before eventually frowning and sneering, as if he was looking at a dirty sewer rat.

"You never really scared me. You've just disgusted me," Jungwon realized before walking around him and over to stand by me, "we'll be out before Sunday, until then just ignore us."

With nothing more to say Jungwon simply reached out his hand and softly rubbed my arm to guide me out on the hallway and back down towards his room.