Red Letter Day - NehpetsEnal

They thought it was a Red-Letter Day

They had done the hotel up a treat, someone had the exterior painted green, strung with vines and lanterns, not sure Rue would have approved

High on the upper deck, Denver got a pleasant view from his rocking chair, he was starting to feel better, so maybe the Indian medicine was doing the trick.

Eagle eye he saw whiffs of coloured smoke rising from a high street fire, and he became curious wondering what it was.

Yesterday we had thunder and lightning, but no rain, was this coming from a strike in the middle of town?

******

To weak to make the short walk, he was getting fidgety, he needs to know more.

He jabbed, like an angry old man at the deck with his stick.

Once, twice, and then thrice and still no one answered, which frustrated him, so he began wrapping it against the balustrade's rails.

Unknown to Denver he had been deserted by the family and crew who had gone to a Halloween party

Grovelling he asked himself, where are they, I am making enough noise to wake the dead.

Haha, an ugly laugh resonated in his ear.

That wicked laughter was all too familiar, Denver's dreams were haunted by it, but never his waking hours.

******

It came from the skeletal remains of an old Indian zombie climbing over the balustrade.

The bedraggled monstrosity calmly slung its legs over the balustrade, where postulating it sat rubbing its bony chin.

******

Wondering what had become of his artful nemesis he suggested to Denver that he might as well have stayed wrapped up in his leather bondage if all he was going to do was sit out his days in a chair!

Another day, another excuse Denver is all your family hear from you.

Small wonder they have all gone to the party without you.

******

After which he lapsed into another bout of raucous laughter, before continuing to chastise Denver.

******

Right now, the ones you love are full of joy thinking it is a red-letter day, but it is not going to be the nice red they expect, and Snakebite laughs again.

Even Missy is captured by the merriment and is soon joining in the fun and all concern for Denver is forgotten in the hysteria.

Dancing around the huge steaming cauldron, suspended over the fire from a large cast bone, obviously the work of Petra.

******

Ladling the red broth from the cauldron into skull-shaped mugs was an ugly old witch, the Sheriff was highly amused and thought CG's disguise was sexy

Each partygoer who passed by the cackling old witch was handed a skull full of red broth.

The cackling old witch whispered softly in the Sheriff's ear, my lovely you will enjoy this more than my limoncello, I have laced with the finest Red Russian Vodka.

The Sheriff smiles before downing it in one gulp, and licking his lips he winked and replied, you are right my lovely it is a delight, think we might be off to my hammock soon, make sure that your magic broom, is fully charged and ready to go as soon as the church bell strikes twelve.

Even as he speaks the Denvers are hoisting their skulls and cracking their heads together in a toast to poor Denver who they thought was home alone in bed.

Righteous as ever and concerned for her flock, the local Nun clutches her crucifix and wisely refuses to imbibe the red hooch.

******

Dark and gloomy inside the hotel is bussing with countless ghouls, zombies, witches, and vampires in countless numbers all hell-bent on dancing the night away

And much to everyone's surprise the straight-laced Sheriff with his clothes falling off is doing the tango with Bret, Rue is waltzing with the straight-laced Harriet Folio because she was unimpressed by Jasper who had replaced his black eyeshadow with green, and Harriet's gun was slipping from her knickers but Rue's would have preferred something else sticking into her groin, CG is busy chasing Ron with an axe after she caught snuggled up to Gyn, Jhonny and Josie got more than they bargained for when nearly biting off each other's lips, who knows what banged up Jake will make of this and it was very remiss of Bart and Annie, who hidden behind masks ended up sharing a kiss. However, it was not all bad, Bella spent the night sitting in the corner chatting to a horse and Brody fell asleep in his chair and snored like a horse, it was insane but at least Myna Darkly got to talk once again with Aunt Sue. But in truth, there was far too much miss behaviour to comment on and as you can imagine because of the scandal it never made the pages of the Three Pillars, the only record is in the orphanage records, with a side note saying none of the aforementioned would make suitable parents.

Yesterday, let us just say that it is a day bestforgotten