×13×

By the time Zalgo had dropped me off it was already approaching 10pm.    I almost opened the car door when he stopped me.
"Y/n, wait!"  Grabbing my hand almost desperately,   he tried to compose himself before continuing.   His grip loosened and readjusted,  bring the back of my hand close to his lips.   "Don't let anyone aside from me or your closest friends into that house.
Rest well,  my dear human."  His lips met my hand as my heart raced at his words,  and gentle touch.   His actions had my cheeks glowing,  almost visible in the dark.

That was last night,   and I'm still flustered.
His gentle touch,  soft lips,  and concern for me.   My cheeks flushed as I thought about it.   I looked in my mirror and saw my red face,  I was already dressed for work.   Even though I'm handing in me resignation today to leave next week I still plan on getting one last pay check.   I tied my hair into a ponytail and left the house,  after getting all my stuff of course.

I entered my boss's office and had a calm,  civil conversation with my boss.
"I just feel like I've done my time here,  a whole 6 years.  And those year have been really nice."    My boss's motherly gaze smiled at me.   "Don't worry my dear,   I'm quite alright with your decision.  I think it's time for you to go out into the world and find your calling.  Besides,  you're always welcome back anytime.   When do you plan on hanging your apron?"
"After my next pay check."
She nodded and led me out of her office.
"Make the most of the time you have left here,  ok?"   "Yes Ma'am"

The rest of the week was easy breezy,   I hadn't seen Zalgo since he dropped me off that day though.   I hung up my apron for the last time as an employee here,  a little sad about what I'd be leaving behind.

When I turned I saw that fancy car,  with Zalgo leaning against it on a call with someone.  He pinched his nose in anger right before looking at me and relaxing,  he was quick to finish the call and gestured me toward the car.   I picked up my bag and went to stand in front of him.
"Everything ok?  You seemed a little stressed out."   He sighed and rubbed his temples and shook his head.   "My work for both Hell and my company has doubled in the past week,  it's kept me from you.   For too long it can be painful for a demon,  especially with the bond we made."   I took his warm hands away from his temples and replaced them with my cooler ones.

I got an almost instantaneous reaction.
He put his hands over mine and leaned into my touch as his facial expressions softened.
"Y/n,  may I request something of you?"
"Of course."
"Please let me stay with you tonight,   I can't go back to Hell right now.  I'd loose my temper."    I giggled,   he's being so cute right now.   "Of course,  let's go then."