×8×

My breathing was shakey as I processed everything.

"I couldn't,  I wouldn't.   My brother and sisters died an a freak fire accident."
My lips trembled,  I couldn't bare to think of how lonely I was after my last pieces of family left me.    A flash of sadness crossed Zalgo's face when he sat in front of me,  only to be replaced with an emotion I couldn't pick out.

"These types of files are handed down and seen only by some of the highest demons,  Lucifer being the highest ranking demon known to Heaven, Earth, and Hell.
He of course is the first to lay eyes on such information.   Then there are the select few that are second in command,  I happen to be one of those lucky few.   There are 5 other lower tiers,  the lowest being scavengers also known as Underlings.   These records of human beings never tell lies and are always updated on crucial details so that we can carefully prepare their punishment.    Lucifer has long since passed the throne to me,  so every ounce of hell that happens on this earth has to go through me."

I couldn't believe my ears.
This can't be right.

"As for my protection conditions, "

Oh no.

"1) Allow me to find out what exactly you are.
2) Do exactly as I order only if it's an order.  Although I recommend obeying me everytime.
And 3) You are are not allowed to speak of what I am to anyone,   and make sure your friend.... Boa....  Swears to keep his mouth shut on that too."

He.. He knows I told Boa.

"Don't worry human,  no paper contract needed."

I sighed,  letting small tears fall down my cheeks.

"A different contract is needed."

I gasped and looked into his crimson eyes.
He grabbed my hand and brought my hand forward.   His hand was warm and soft,  sending chills through my body.
A knife was produced from his pocket,  sending fear to rise up in me.

"A blood contract,  a very intimate and strong binding practice."

My breathing and heart rate quickened as the beautiful blade met the skin of my palm.

!

I flinched and squeaked as pain was all I felt.  He took a deep breath and hummed at the smell of my blood.

"So very sweet smelling.   But don't worry,  the pain will subside soon."
Before I could blink he too cut his hand,  eliciting and black oozing liquid from the cut.     His soft and very gentle hand took my in pain and throbbing hand and placed it on his cut palm.
The pain nulled after a few moments of holding his cut hand with my very own cut hand.

"Now we are bound to each other."

I suddenly got really drowsy and couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Sleep sleep my little sheep,  rest your head it's time for bed.   When you wake you'll be at home in bed."    (Hopefully you guys get what I did there🤣)

And with that I was out like a light.