×6×

I huffed out a tired breath as I learned up against the counter nexted the cookie display.    The Cafe I work in was about to close since it was 8:30pm.

"Y/n,  I'mma head out now since I finished cleaning up.   You good on closing?"
"Yeah,  you go home Jamie."
He gave me a thumbs up and left after grabbing his things.    Once I knew he was gone I instantly locked the front door and switched the sign to "closed".   I ran back behind the counter and checked inventory.

*ting ting*

I heard the bell above the door ring,  did someone pick the lock.

"I'm sorry,  but we're closed till morning.  Could've sworn I locked the door."
(If you know the reference that yay😙)

"My bad,  I just thought I could get a quick cup of your strongest coffee for a moment.   Work these days can be relentless."

That deep chocolatey gravelly smoker voice.
The pen I had slipped out of my hand and hit the floor.  His chuckle brought me out of my haze.    "You do remember,  interesting.
My memory block doesn't last long on you."
I picked up the pen and turned around to see the dark crimson,  what I thought was raven,  haired demon.    No way am I getting on the bad side of him,   so I made a cup of our darkest coffee.

"You are no ordinary human,  you easily brush passed the haze I put on you like it was a tiny paper cut."   I placed the lid of the cup and slid it over to him as he paid more than what he was getting,  I put the money in the register and shrugged.
"I don't know what to tell ya,   I don't even know why you chose this place even though there are 24 hour places."   I complain as I continued checking inventory.   He sipped the coffee and hummed,   "Much better than where I come from."   

His red eyes never left my figure as I started turning lights off.

"Young naive little human,   do you really think I came here just for coffee?"   He cackled when he finished,    "Oh no my dear,  we have some business to address this evening."