×19×

We walked into the meeting room and I already dislike the men in there.    I did as instructed before we got here and sat to the right of Zalgo,  black notebook and clipboard in hand ready to write.

"Good afternoon gentleman."  Zalgo greeted.
I started writing everything.
"Ms.  L/n,  you don't need to start yet."  He spoke as he gave me an amused glance.
"Sorry sir.  May I continue though?"
"Of course."

"A new secretary?  So young."   I could hear his disgusting smirk from across the room.
"She is more capable than the one you dumped on me Mr.  Klause."

OOOOH  BURRRRN!!!

I noticed the small smirk that played on Zalgo's lips.   The grunt from the guy was satisfactory.   Once we were at I silent interval I took a split second gloss over at everyone in the room,  and Zalgo was right.  I somehow knew everyone in here without  having met any of them.   Just writing everything down and rereading it all told me something was off,  I couldn't put my finger on it though.

Fishy

Indeed

I bit my tongue at the response that echoed in my thoughts,  in Zalgo's voice.

Woah,  telepathic communication!   Is this from the blood connection?

Yes,  now please focus.

I did as told and continued my job.

The meeting felt like forever,  especially since these physical geezers were looking me over.

Another 30 minutes went by and the men left,  so I let a sigh out and slouched in my chair.    "That was uncomfortable."
"I know,  you did well."  He praised as he leaned against the table next to me as he picked up the notebook and read everything over.   "Imbeciles,   think they can slip past me?   I have recorded of their slip ups.
All thanks to you Ms.  L/n."    I fixed my posture and fixed the wrinkles in my blazer as I stood up.

"I'll reward you for your hard work." 
His hand met my lower back and gently pulled me closer,   bringing my lips to his for a kiss that would make any girl feel like jelly.   Our soft breaths mixed together after we parted.    "Let head back shall we?"  He stood up and ushered me out the meeting room door.