×9×

I woke up with yet another massive headache.    I slowly lifted my hand and saw a nasty purple bruise where I was cut,  with a very thin line where the wound was.
"Oh my god it was all real."
I threw off my blankets and called Boa.

"My word Y/n,  why so early."
"Boa,  you are not to tell anyone about the Zalgo's thing.  Do I make myself clear?"
"Is something bad gonna happen?"
Fear was very evident in his voice.
"If word gets out that you and I both know the existence of Zalgo then we will be a danger.   I already risked everyone else in telling them about that Halloween party."

I could hear shifting of sheets and knew that Boa was getting out of bed.
"Good thing you stopped me,  I almost told Reese."    I heaved a sigh of relief.
"I wish I could explain more,  but I don't want to step over boundaries and make everything harder."
"Don't worry about it,  I completely understand.   I gotta head to work,  be safe ok?"
"Will do,  same goes for you Boa."

We both hang up.

I looked at my sore shaking hand and sighed,   letting the events from last night replay in my mind.     Zalgo said the contract method we used was intimate,   is that why the pain went away so fast?   And what impact did it have on us both in the long run?        And why did the sensation lull me to sleep so easily?  

I looked at my phone and saw that I have work soon,  so that was my que to wake up from my thoughts and get ready.

Zalgo pov

"YOU WHAT?!?!  But sir,  that's an intimate and sacred contract!"
I listened to one of my underlings try to lecture me as I watched one of my flames dance between my fingers.    The same hand I used for the contract.
"Hazorak,  who do you think I am?    I know what I am doing.   If anything,  she has something of great value."

Using the fire that dances through my fingers,  I held the fire in the palm of my hand and used it to check on the human girl.
"But Master Zalgo,  that contract-"
"I KNOW THE MEANING BEHIND THE BLOOD BOND CONTRACT!"
My voice boomed through the room,  shaking the very foundation. 
I took a deep breath and glared at the now shaking demon.   I moved my gaze to Y/n,  who was now fast asleep in her bed.
"There is something about her that I can't put my finger on,   any other contract would have been too weak for her."  

"Learn from this Hazorak.   Never question my decisions."