Uh, prolly 30

Uh, here, take some random slightly angsty shit I came up with deep into the night-

Also the picture above is just for reference of what Moon looks like, and this isn't set in any specific AU or anything

Uh

Here you go

*hands you this- thing*

~[But tread the water, child, and know that meanwhile
Rises the moon]~

Sabre sat near a small river, petting a stray ocelot. He felt at ease, for once; the kingdom was reunited, the leaders together again, and the people in peace. Yes, he might not be able to see it for himself, but it was for the best. As long as everyone thought he was truly gone, nobody would bother looking for him. Not anymore.

Sabre took a breath, the ocelot's smooth fur and quiet purring keeping him relaxed. He heard a soft rustle behind him and the ocelot ran away.

Sabre stood and turned around to see Moon looking up at him. He couldn't see much of their face because their hair covered it, but what he could see made him a bit worried.

"Yeah? Is something wrong?"

Moon shifted their feet. The nodded, but didn't say anything.

"Do you wanna use sign instead? If it's easier?"

Moon nodded.

'I miss Rainbow' Moon signed, their lip trembling as they gestured.

Sabre frowned. He kneeled to level himself with Moon.

"I do too, but I think he feels better up there now then he did here,"

'I know, but he should be here too. I want him to see that everything you two went through wasn't for nothing!' Moon's signing started to get more aggressive; sharp. 'He should be here to taste Time's cookies, and he should be here to hear the laughter of happy people, and he should be here because- because he should be!'

Sabre, not knowing what else to do, simply offered a hug. Moon accepted the offer and stepped forward into Sabre's open arms.

Sabre held Moon as they sobbed, his tears falling with theirs.