Caregiver

*hiba p.o.v*

What in the name of god have I done?

It felt so natural calling her mama but then reality hit me. This is not the right person to be calling mama right now!!

At this point my head is still buried in her neck. I pulled out slowly looking her in the eye. To be honest I was expecting a look of disgust on her face but she looked rather.. amused. We set there staring at each other for a moment until I finally gathered the courage to speak.

"I-im really so Your Majesty. I didn't mean anything disrespectful I swear, I was just, I was-", I suddenly found it hard to breathe. But what really caught me of guard was when she embrace me even tighter than before, it wasn't painful or anything it was rather, warm.

"Hiba, take a deep breath for me sweetie," she cooed comfortingly. "You're okay. Just inhale slowly and let it out just as slowly." I followed her instructions, feeling my body relax as I did so.

She began to gently rub my back while humming a soothing melody. As I sat there, I felt my eyes growing heavy with tiredness. I fought to stay awake, but the comfort of her touch and the lull of her voice proved too much to resist. The queen must have noticed it. She started to rock me gently, cooing "go to sleep, my darling." And with that, I surrendered to her embrace, resting my head on her shoulder, I felt her gently place a kiss on my cheek. Her lips were so soft. I closed my eyes letting her hold me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Perla p.o.v*

I watched the angel in my arms as she fall asleep. She looked so peaceful, so fragile. I never want to let her go, but I knew I had to let her sleep on her bed at some point.

I tucked her in carefully, trying not to wake her. I sat there for a few minutes. Maybe if I turned around someone would snatch her away from me. After a while my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a soft knock on the door before it opens slowly revealing sara. I put my finger on my lips telling her to be quite. I got up from the bed heading to the door.

After I was out I turned around facing my sister. "What is it" I asked felling annoyed by her interrupting my moment with my baby. "Well.. I was curious to know the purpose of mother's visit" I sighed.

" Let us go to my office first, I do not want anyone hearing what I'm about to say" I told her simply. Sara nodded her head.

*****************

Once we got to my office, I sat down on my chair while Sara sat in the chair across from me. "So, what did mother want to tell you?" Sara asked.

"It was about the rogue vampires" I sighed softly. She nodded her head . "What about them?" She asked. "Some people saw them near the kingdom walls". Her eyes widened at that.

"And? We are just going to wait for them to attack or what?" Sara asked. "No, we will be sending our forces to deal with them. And if that did not work, we will send a message to our allies in the south. And we will be the one to take care of them" she nodded. "Oh and make sure to tell this to the other generals, I do not wish to deal with their pointless questions" I said. "Of course, sister". I took a small sip from the glass of blood in front of me.

I was not a fan of this kind of blood, but I could not take fresh human blood because I hate the expression they have when ever I took blood from them. They did not enjoy it, and I could not enjoy it if they did not. so my sisters and I decided to drink blood from blood bags. It doesn't really makes me feel any better, but it is slightly more bearable. I would not do it if I didn't need it to survive. Not like most vampires who were addicted to human blood, we knew how to control our hunger. It is one of the privilege of having the royal blood.

After I was done with our conversation. I got up from my chair, heading to the door. "How is she?", Sara suddenly asked. "Who?" I asked confused. "Hiba, how is she" sara said. "She is sleeping for now, although her body is still very exhausted" I told her.

"Why are you doing this" she asked. "Doing what". She looked at me dead in the eye "you are acting so wired around the little human" sara said.

"What I do with 'the little human', is none of your concern" I said simply. "Perla please, she's too fragile. Please do not hurt her" sara said pleadingly.

"Do not worry your self sister, hiba is safe as long as she's with me. And yes, she does need someone to take care of her, and that is exactly what I will do" I said walking towards the door.

"Oh, and make sure to tell the chaff to make something that can help with her headache. I am not quit familiar with what human usually eat" I said. I make sure she nodded before I left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to do better in the next chapter. And thank you soo muck for 15k views!! It's like a dream come true.
And enjoy<3