My Little Birdie

Hiba p.o.v

It was.. the queen. Before I know it I was already shaking in fear. Was she going to kick me out, or worst. Kill me. She was looking at me curiously.

"What are you doing here" she asked me. I flinched at her cold tone. "Um I- I was just.. the bird- I didn't know.. I'm sorry" I stuttered not knowing what to do.

"Stand up" I got up quickly facing the floor. I really missed up this time. "Look at me". I slowly raised my head. "Did they not tell you that is forbidden for anyone to enter this part of the queen's garden".

"They did, I just.. was trying to.. catch the.. bird" I was about to cry. "What bird?" She asked, her expression changed into.. I don't really know.

Suddenly I found it hard to breathe. "I'm really sorry.. I was just trying to.. trying to follow the bird" a couple tears felt down my cheeks. I was having a panic attack.

"Where is the bird" she asked. "I was.. following it, and I lost it"

She looked at me suspiciously "Come with me", She said. "No please! I don't want to die please", more tears came out. I didn't know what to do. "Shhh I am not going to kill you. Calm down. You still want to see that bird?". She asked me I just nodded my head yes. She smiled a little. "Come with me then. And do not worry I will not harm you". "But where are you taking me?" I asked unsure of what to do. "Don't you want to see that little birdie if yous?" I again nodded my head.

She was walking and I followed behind her. My heart was pounding like crazy. We got to a white door in the middle of the garden. She put her hand on the door and it suddenly opened. How did she do that? Is it a vampire thing also?

"Come" we got inside. I was shocked when I saw tons of many different birds flying around this beautiful room that looked like a jungle

but why is there is many birds in the other side of the garden? and why did the queen Brought me here? does she has my birdie? I turned around to face her. I found her staring at me, strangely

"what does your bird looks like, little girl?" she asked. I don't really remember the Details of the bird but it's colour was a beautiful blue. I still don't know if it's a she or a he. but anyway.

"it's a blue bird with a yellow circle on it's head" I tried to explain. "stay here". she commanded, I frozed in my place trying not to upset her. I watched her going to the other side of the room. but I couldn't see what she was doing because of how many birds were blocking the view.

she came back with something in her hand. she got closer. and I can finally see what she was Holding. it was my birdie. she found it!. but how did she catch it?.

she got closer to me. till she was facing me. "this one?" she asked. I nodded my head yes. "you want it?". i again nodded my head. she smiled and handed it to me. I was surprised at first, but then took the small bird with both my hands. Surprisingly it didn't try to fly away.

"Why is it not trying to fly away?" I was confused. "I told her not to". Told who?. The bird?. "Told who?.. your majesty". She smiled at me. I don't know why but her smile always makes me feel safe.

"Your little birdie. is a female. And yes I do have the ability to speak to animals. Being a queen is not just about putting a crown over my head"

"Can I have it?. Please". I really wanted to keep the bird. And I don't care if I'm being childish right now. But I think she found it first. So she probably won't let me keep it.

"It's not mine to give. little one. It is a free creature. She chose to stay here. And If you force her to stay where she doesn't want to stay, she will not eat or drink anything till she dies". That's the first time I've heard anything like that. She must be a rare kind of bird.

"So.. She will have to stay here? I would never see her again?" I asked, holding the little bird close to me. The queen got closer to me till she was facing me directly. "Yes. She will have to stay here, But.. if you promise to not tell anyone about what you have saw today, I will allow you to see your birdie again". I smiled happily.

"Thank you your majesty. But when can I see her again?". I asked her. "You can come here when you are done with your work at the garden". "Alright. Thank you again your majesty. I should go my friend is probably looking for me right now".

"Your friend?". She asked. Her eyes narrowed. Her eyes became scary once again. "Y-Yeah my human friend Zahra. She also works with me in the garden". She just nodded her head.

"Does she has a name?" I asked. pointing to the bird in my hand. "No. Do you want to name her?". I could do that?? "Really?" I asked. trying to hide my excitement. "Yes. I do not really have time to name every single bird in here. Since there are thousands of them. But I am sure she will be happy if you gave her a name of her own". That makes sense. But I'm gonna need time to think about the perfect name for this beautiful bird.

"Alright. Thank you. But can I give her her name tomorrow? I will need to think about it first". I told her hesitantly. She grinned at me. "Fair enough. Take your time". I nodded my head. The little bird flew to her friends. It's like she knows I'm about to leave.

"Alright. Have a great day your majesty"

"Good bye.. hiba"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Again thank you so much for the support ❤️❤️