[14]

Jordan's POV: (Springs)

After telling Mom and Dad I'd be going to stay with Grayson and Poppy in Springs for a couple of days, I packed some things and we were on our way. 

Both Mom and Dad seemed okay with me leaving, in fact Dad seemed almost glad, but I suppose he is happy to spend some time alone with Mom, and to attend all of his doctors appointments without us around. I know to some it may seem strange, but even though we're all grown up, dad still see's us as his babies and is trying to protect us. 

I've been in Springs for two days now, helping Grayson get everything in order so he can return to East Cliff once more. 

So far our time together has been really nice. When I'm not helping him pack, Poppy and I are hanging out, and when Poppy and I aren't hanging out, Grey and I are hanging out.

As my phone vibrates against the kitchen bench, I check the caller ID to see it's Christian calling. This isn't the first time he's called me in the last couple of days, and this isn't the first time I've rejected his call, however I've failed to mention to Grayson that he's trying to get in touch with me, rather I'm keeping it to myself for now. 

I know I'm probably making a mistake by keeping it from him when we're on such good terms at the moment, but with so much happening at home with my family and here with Grayson and Poppy's Mom un-happy about Grayson moving back to East Cliff, the Christian drama will just have to wait. 

"Do you member how daddy likes his pancakes?" Poppy asks as she mixes the batter.

"Of course I do." I respond as I lock phone and push it away. "Daddy likes a big stack with maple syrup, lots of fruit, and chocolate sauce."

Poppy smiles widely and nods her head. "Do you member mine?"

"Mmmm." I pretend to think. "Three little pancakes, strawberry jam, strawberry slices, and little banana chunks with cream on the side.: 

"And?" Poppy grins. 

"And, I always add just a little bit of sugar to your cream, but we don't tell Daddy that do we?" I boop her nose gently, causing Poppy to giggle.

"Our secret." she nods.

"What other secrets do you two keep from me huh?" Grayson speaks from the doorway, taking me by surprise. 

"Daddy, don't listen, it's rude." Poppy crosses her arms over her chest with a frown. More so at the idea her sugar is going to be taken away from her, I'm sure.

"It's rude to keep secrets from Daddy." He responds and crosses his arms over his chest, matching her look with a pout.

"It's girl talk isn't it Pops?" I defend with a smile as she finishes plating up our breakfast.

"Jordy says what Daddy doesn't know wont hurt him."

"Oh really?" Grayson smirks as he looks toward me. "And what other habits are you getting our girl into without telling me?"

"Nothing." I shrug with a smile.

"Jordy says I can have a boyfriend." Poppy squeals, throwing me under the bus once more. 

"Over my dead body." He chuckles loudly, dropping his arms from his chest.

"Jordy said I can." Poppy shrugs.

"Well Jordy and I will have to have a talk about that one."

"Oops, I got you in trouble." Poppy looks at me with a worried expression.

"I think I'll be okay Pops."

"He might spank you." She gasps.

As Grayson looks toward me, I bite down on my bottom lip, trying my best not to laugh, a grin forms on my lips. My mind heading to a place Poppy's definitely wasn't.