[13]

Jordan's POV: (East Cliff)

The flight home felt strange, dad spent the entire flight acting like nothing was happening, and while mom did her best to play along, I could tell it was all an act. I'm sure dad see's through it too, but for now, he wants to live as if all is well, and I respect that. 

But not only am I feeling down about everything that's happening with dad, I'm also feeling down about the holiday coming to an end, and not knowing when I'll see Grayson and Poppy again. 

Sighing deeply, I rest my chin on my closed fist, staring out into the distance of our backyard. 

"You okay?" Grayson speaks from behind me.

"Yeah, all good." I respond and gather myself quickly before turning to him. "Are you heading off?" 

"I promised Poppy we'd visit mum and dad before we headed back home, so yes, we'll have to get going or I'll be driving late at night." He sits down next to me. 

"Thank you for coming on the vacation, I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there." 

"I think you handled your own just fine." He smiles. "But I'm glad that I could be there for you when you needed me." 

"When do you think you'll be back again?" 

"I wanted to talk to you about that actually..." 

"Oh?" 

"How would you feel about me moving back to East cliff, more specifically, next door into my old family home?"

"I would love that, I'd love having you and Pops close again. But why the sudden move?"

"I know how hard things might be about to get for you all, and I want to be here to support you guys. Ace has been my best friend since we were born and I know he'll need an extra hand with work things, and maybe even take some time off, so I want to be here and ready to step up for anyone who needs it, just like you guys did when my mom was sick. And you of course, I want to be close for if you ever need me." 

"I'm sure Ace will really appreciate that, I do too." I smile softly up at him. "But only move back if it's what you want to do, not because you feel you have to." 

"Trust me, I'm doing this for me, and for Poppy. She is going to be so excited to be living next door to you so she can see you whenever she wants and be close to my parents as well as yours. She's in the kitchen with Grandma Bella right now making snacks." 

"I love that she still calls her Grandma Bella." I can't help but smile. 

"Me too." He responds with a smile. "I have a few things to tie up back at home, but I'll be back in a couple of days." 

"Sounds good, thank you again for everything." I wrap my arms around him. 

"Daddy, did you asked Jordy to come with us?" Poppy squeals excitedly.  

Pulling back from our embrace, I look toward Gray and he looks toward Poppy. "Uh, I-" 

"Did you chickened out again?" She places her hands on her hips. 

I bite down on my bottom lip, trying my best not to laugh at her sassy reaction and encourage it further. 

"I didn't chicken out, I just... hadn't gotten around to asking yet." He says sheepishly, before turning to me. "Poppy and I were wondering if you'd like to come with us back to Springs? Maybe give your parents a couple of days to themselves?"