Your Ocean Eyes Will Heal Me Forever

Suhana looked at the mirror when Aahana put the veil on her head.

Everything was going to get over today. Every memories they had made together was going to stay only in memories from today. No one was happy about what was happening. In the occasion of happiness and enjoyment, everyone was upset and her heart wept. She was unhappy. She was completely shattered and was not ready for another relationship by any means.To be honest, she was holding on to the edge of her life.

She found no reason to live as the love of her life died; Kairav Kapoor  was supposedly getting her engaged to a man who he thought was better than him.

The thought of remarrying, being a wife to someone else suffocated her. She felt disgusted. But he Kairav has not left her with any other choice. She thought she and Kairav were improving and putting equal effort to their marriage but she was wrong.

One day Kairav suddenly brought divorce papers and promised her that he would find a suitable groom for her who is smarter, sensible and a gentlemen – unlike him.

His words hurt Suhana and she in a fit of rage, signed the papers. Only to her despair, Kairav started looking a for a suitable match for her the next day itself. Suhana decided that Kairav needs a taste of his own medicine so she let him do his choice. She had a plan for the wedding day.

The whole Kapoor  family was not this idea and after so much trying and convincing, they agreed for Suhana's sake. They trusted her trust. However, Suhana had a little fear, by chance if Kairavdidn’t stop this marriage on time, her life was then all set to take a 360 turn after another marriage. Another marriage, Seriously? What in the world has been destined for her. But it didn't fail to make her realize that prince charming and perfect, happily ever after exists only in fairy tales.

She was unable to gulp or share her sadness and agony with either  Aahana or Sumit or Dhara. Even they didn't bother her much realising that she needed to compose herself about the fact that she will no longer belong to Kairav once this engagement happens. But a small part of her wished that he comes to make her his so that she could be hidden in his arms now, forgetting the world behind and being completely loved and secured by the man she loves.

Kairav thought he was strong butas the preparations for Suhana's engagement started, he felt his heart ache. He wanted to shout and confess to his brothers and sister-in-laws that he loved Suhana,but he couldn’t. He cursed himself for taking such a decision and staying away from her. But he could do nothing, Suhana was ashamed of him. She felt ashamed whenever she had to introduce him to his friends.  Itdidn’t bother him and it never would but it affected Suhana and Kairav couldn’t see that. She used to like Sumit because he was smart, sensible. Exact opposite of him.Thus, he decided to find someone like Sumit for Suhana. And after searching whole Somnath,he got a protective groom after 4 months.

But at some corner of his heart,he was being restless and jealous about Suhana getting engaged to someone else.He just couldn't digest the truth that Suhana agreed for the alliance so easily.But then why wouldn’t she, he thought. Why would she worry about him after all the torture he has done for her? He himself said that he is they could never be together and to stay away from him. It shattered his heart to think her with a different man; him touching her, holding her, kissing her. Frustrated Kairav,threw away the notebook and pen he was holding.

Kairav walked to the backyard so that he could sneak into the house though Suhana's room. He was becoming very nervous and restless. But without the knowledge of many, Kairav sneaked slowly through the window into the room. Hiding behind the curtains he saw Suhana slowly sliding down her bangles one by one like she cared less. She was sitting in front of the mirror, in a mess. Her hair was tied but all scrambled, face dried and pale, and her body was noticeably looking very weak. Kairav realized how much she has lost weight when he saw the choli of her lehenga sliding loosely off one of her shoulder.

Kairav couldn't even fathom the image in front of him. What has he put her through? As tears started gathering in the corner of his eye, he saw Aahana coming inside the room.

"Ready?" She asked holding her shoulder from both sides.

"Almost." Suhana sighed. "It would work, wouldn't it?"

"It will." Aahana assured her but worry was evident in her eyes.

Suhana left the room with Aahana and Kairav followed them. He gathered his courage to see her for the last time.She would now no longer called Mrs. Suhana Kairav Kapoor . He was going to lose her, forever. There was sadness, tears but also a determination in his eyes. He was sure to see the whole ceremony, keeping himself strong. He saw the groom and Suhana on podium. He looked happy while Suhana had a fake smile.

She had felt his presence inside the room and now here. The slow music echoed in her ears but all she could hear was his heartbeat. She looked at the entrance of her house,waiting as if he would walk in anytime. Suhana looked at her hand in a jerk when she realised Nikhil held her in order to slid the ring.

"Kairav!" Suhana whispered as she closed her eyes.

"Main yeh nahi hone de sakta."Kairav said only to realised that he had spoke those words aloud.

Everyone looked at him confused and Suhana had tears rolling down seeing him. Kairav didn’t understand what to say. The only thing he could get right then and there that Suhana was his and only his. He gathered confidence and marched towards her.

"You can't marry him. I can't see you getting engaged with anyone else." He said as he looked down, particularly nowhere.

Suhana walked towards him, lifting his face with her hands and tears rolling down her eyes said, "Why? Why can't you see me get married to someone else?"

Kairav closed his eyes notable to abide her piercing gaze.

"Bol na, Kairav. Kyun nahi dekh sakta tu yeh? Pyaar karta hai kya mujhse?"

Kairav looked at her shocked but all his vocabulary betrayed her. He couldn’t speak anything and looked back at the ground.

“Karta hai kya mujhse pyaar?”

She waited sometime for him to answer. But he just stared at his foot. Suhana turned and started moving towards the podium.

"Haan karta hoon! Bahut pyaar karta hoon main tujhse, Suhana. Please yeh sagaai mat kar!" He said in a single breath.

Suhana's heart started pounding and she wanted to do a happy dance but all she did was just jump into his arms and hugged him tightly.

“I love you too, Kairav!” Suhana said and to his surprise, everyone started clapping along with Nikhil. He came towards them as Kairav broke the hug.

"If you were a single minute late, our plan would have failed." Nikhil said in a sigh of relief.

"Plan?" Kairav asked in confusion. "What plan?"

"It was all Suhana's plan to make you confess." Sumit said as he hugged him.

Kairav looked at Suhana in surprise unable to believe the extent of her determination. She winked at him and she shook his head on her.

“Ab itna kharcha kiya hai, toh sagaai bhi kar lete hain!” Suhana said excitedly. “We’ll do all the rituals together this time.”

“Why not!” Kairav replied. “After all, this time it’s a love marriage!”

The house echoed in laughter and Suhana put her head on Kairav's chest and he closed the embrace, hugging her tightly.

_____________________________