An Elegant Evening

"Happy Birthday twin!" shouted Kairav while entering the hallway.

"Same to you twinnie" replied Aarav hugging him tightly.

The brothers hugged each other as if they are meeting after ages.

"Guys...you always forget me. Remember you have a look little sister too!?" said Nayan almost baffled over their bond, sometimes.

The trio hug each other and sang one of their favourite song "Lafzon Ka Yeh Rishta Nahi".

Suhasini Kapoor was witnessing their bond from tears dabbed eyes as she folded her hands in prayer. After her only son Anurag and daughter in law Aprajita passed away in an accident,these three kids are apples of her eyes. She always wishes that they never seperate from each other.

"Aaru,Kittu,Nikku...come here kids" said Suhasini forwarding her arms.

"DJ" shouted the trio together as they went near their Dadi jee or DJ.

After a warm hug, Suhasini started expressing her wishes.

"Aaru,Kittu..get me daughters in law" Suhasini said with beautiful smile.

"But DJ I haven't seen a girl who is more beautiful than you" teased Kairav.

"Shut up,badmash"replied Suhasini pulling Kairav's ears.

"Bhai..Dadi is right. Even I need a bhabhi as I am bored in your company guys"said Nayan holding hands of Aarav.

"Aarav is smiling..I guess he has found someone special..isn't it bro!?" asked Kairav while making sandwiches.

"We are just good friends Kairav.." mocked Aarav.

"Oh toh baat abhi dosti par hi hai..No problems Bro,call her here" teased Nayan.

"Yeah she will come, perhaps" replied Aarav unknowingly opened his secrets.

"Ohhh someone is waiting for someone special" teased Nayan and Kairav together.

"Shut up you two..Aarav tell me about her beta" said Suhasini eagerly looking for Aarav's to be wife.

Flashbacks

It was another rainy day in Shimla, and as usual their Physical Training hour was disrupted. However, their Trainer cheered the pupils with the announcement of indoor games. And chess was the main attraction that day.

Whoever competed in the match returned to their places within minutes as the opponent was none other the National Level Chess Player Aarav, the pride of St. Peters school. The whole class gave up the idea and engrossed themselves in other indoor activities like table tennis. And that was when Suhana decided to try her hand in the board game and adjusted the chair to sit while focusing on the eight-by-eight grid. She tactically moved every piece with full concentration and finally she did the unbelievable.

She won the match by attacking the king, leaving no chance for Aarav, but to accept his defeat, leaving everyone in shock. But her happiness was not in winning the match but in those minutes she sat across him. It was an achievement for her. Only she knows how she managed to survive those forty five minutes having the whole class witnessing the nail biting match.

Later that night, sleep was the last thing to reach Suhana. She had a tough time trying to forget her meet with Aarav. But it won't go at all. Her thoughts went down the memory lane remembering all those events happened in Shimla years ago.

Suhana sure had a crazy crush on Aarav since her 8th grade. Initially she rubbed it off as a teenage infatuation. As the years moved on, her infatuation started to grow into unknown feelings. Something made her realize that, Aarav is not just a mere crush anymore.

Though she tried to focus on her studies and maintained the topper stature in class, He was always a distraction for her and she was totally obsessed with him. She remembered her saving all those school magazines which had his photographs, back in her Shimla bedroom. And those exam halls, she always looked forward to them just for a crazy reason. They always sat on the parallel benches.

Like every time he used to copy the answers from her, she had absolutely no complaints in displaying the answer sheets. It felt good. Since Suhana was a topper and Aarav being the school player, no one doubted them.

After getting into the medical school, she tried a lot to forget him and move on. She even tried dating the guys from the university but it never crossed more than one dinner date. She compared every guy with Aarav, thus the relationships ended up as quickly as it formed; it never lasted more than one week.

Although he was always in her thoughts she never let the sadness of missing him take over her. After years' concentration, when she was all set in her career and fully focused in her job, she met him last year again in her friend's wedding.

Flashback Ends

After eight years of schooling, she had hoped all her crazy teenage hormones will be gone. But it became worst than before. After seeing him as the man he has become, she was left breathless.  If all that was not enough, the destiny had to play a cunning game and make her meet him again today after a year.

"Oh great you mean Dr.Suhana Bose.. daughter of Aarti Bose..she is our family friend and your mom's best friend. I give my consent for this alliance Aarav" said Suhasini.

"Dadi..isn't it too early!?" asked Aarav.

"It's too late Aaru..you are 29 this year and afterall you are in Navy and getting a handsome groom like you what else a girl needs?" replied Suhasini with a beautiful smile on her face.

Aarav's face became red as he eagerly waited for Suhana. Kairav too wished Saanjh,his girlfriend too come. Only Nayan was waiting for her friends to come.

Suhana came dressed in beautiful red gown with her sister and mother. She saw Aarav narrating their story to his friends and family.  Aarav held her hand when their eyes met and Kairav was staring them with love.

The story continued even after cutting of cake as Nayan was listening to the story so carefully.

"Wow bhai, too many leaps of years' in the story. But, something is missing. Oh wait! Confession! You skipped that part. Why there is no confession scene in the story yet? When did you confess to your girlfriend?" Nayan asked raising her eyebrows.

"It's because, you are directly going to witness the original proposal scene now." Aarav completed, rising to his feet moving the chair aside and knelt down while Aarti smiled, Aahana gasped aloud, and Suhana was totally lost in the moment with her eyes wide and never leaving Aarav

"Will you marry me, Dr. Suhana Bose? I love you very much. It Has Always Been You In My Life, Then, Now And Will Be Forever." Aarav declared holding Suhana's hands and suddenly everyone in the mansion clapped encouraging Suhana to reply.

Suhana couldn't hear those loud "owwws" and "awwws" anymore, for that matter even the claps. All she can hear was her heart beating and reverberating in her ears. This was most important moment in her life, for which she was waiting from forever. And when she heard "IT" finally, she couldn't bring herself to reply. She looked at the sincerity in Aarav's eyes, which was now anticipating her response. She contemplated in her mind, not knowing how to start with her answer.

And she did reply him, in the most understandable language in the world, the language of love; she finally kissed him to convey her answer.

"It Has Always Been You for Me Too, Aarav." She said and hugged him and closed all the gaps between them.

"I know!" was all his reply and held her closer to him, not willing to let her go anytime sooner, cherishing every moment of their TOGETHERNESS.