Iss Baarish Mein

3 years have passed since Àarav's death. Kairav cannot see his sister sliding into depths of depression. They both moved in with Naksh and his family. It was difficult for Nayan to imagine Kairav in place of Aarav everyday as she always thought it was Kairav's mistake to drive recklessly that day.

3 years was not easy for Suhana even..She had lost the love of her life along with a person who was everything for her. The realms of love in which Aarav binded her with was still the same with Nayan but not with Kairav. She never liked anything about Kairav,even though he was her fiance's twin. She cared for Nayan and they both have same beautiful bond with each other. She is now coming back from London to Delhi,the city of Love.

But for Kairav, things are very different from Suhana and Nayan.
The agony of losing him is still there. The part of his heart that talks about him breathes through it. Then there’s another part that remains closed. That’s the part that wonders; the part that holds the seeds of regret. The part that took three and a half years after Aarav's death to build up the courage to talk to him up above in the stars, as he is finally able to do today.He is not here anymore. He doesn’t know if he can hear, sense, or feel his apology or internalize his regrets.

He will never get to go back and do what he didn’t do for him or be what he wasn’t able to be for Aarav. Kairav have no opportunity to right the wrongs. He won’t ever see his smile again while here on earth, or laugh at the ridiculously inappropriate yet hilarious things that he would always say.

But what he will always be able to do is find time to talk to him; to sit with the memory of him and to check in to share with him what’s in his heart..A heart which belonged to Aarav.

Kairav is standing at the airport waiting for Nayan to come. Suddenly it starts raining heavily and someone's beautiful smile took him back to 5 years ago.

Sawan ki ik bhooli bisri kahani
Wo pal wo lamhe aur aankho ka paani
Badal ke shoro mein baarish ki aahat
Bheege labo ki wo kanpkanpahat

K

airav turned back to find Suhana with her family. She is hugging Aahana,her sister tightly. For a minute he was remembering Aarav,the similar bond they shared.

Un lamho ko fir jeene ki
Fariyaad kar raha hoon
Iss baarish mein main
Bas tumko yaad kar raha hoon

He was busy staring at her.The rain kept fluctuating between drizzle and torrential. It was way past midnight when Kairav came home, all drenched in rainwater. He hated rain. The annoying pitter-patter sound and the constant gloominess are just few of the many reasons why he hated it.

Mann ko bhigoti alhad ye boondein
Ehsaas mein tere aankho ko moondein
Main bheegta hu chhupaanee ko aansu
Dikh jaayein na ye zamaane ke aansu

Aarav loved rains so was Suhana. They both used to drench in rains. This time, Kairav saw one couple drenching in rain. His heart could imagine Aarav and Suhana yet again. His heart still has feelings for Suhana, even though he doesn't know why. He feels guilty for having those feelings which Aarav used to have for Suhana.

Teri baato se apne dil ko
Aabaad kar raha hoon
Iss baarish mein main
Bas tumko yaad kar raha hoon

He looks completely devastated, as tears rolls down his face. The only sounds in the room were his heavy breathing and just then to his rescue sounds of lightning flashed follow by the quick crash of thunder breaks through the walls, hit his ears, and makes him forget everything else for a moment. He wipes away his tears, walks over to the window and looks outside, it is raining buckets. He listens to the rhythm of the falling rain for a while, before he sets off toward terrace. If only water of the heavily falling rain could wash away his guilt.