𝟞𝟙⏐the dementors kiss

"I hope that the house elves make some pudding for dessert," Cordelia mused as she sat next to Blaise, swinging her legs slightly. Theo had sat on her other side, much to her surprise. "I love treacle tart and chocolate but Mum said I'm not allowed any today," Cordelia pouted as she explained to a curious Theo.

"You could always call Tippy," Blaise points out to his girlfriend as he fills her plate with green beans. He smiled slightly at Theo as he piled some potatoes onto her plate and then handed them to James. "She'd do anything for you and your dad," Blaise added.

"I don't wanna bother her," Cordelia blushed at the thought of bothering the elf directly. "If they make it they make it, if not I can just sneak some chocolate ice cream," Cordelia smirked, sending puppy eyes toward her Dad who had heard her. He shook his head with a small snort and turned back to her mother and grandfather.

"You're too sweet," Theo blurted with a small smile. Cordelia gave him a thankful look and then looked further down the table and let out a small squeal, reaching for both boys' hands. "What is she doing?" Theo whisper-yelled to Blaise as Cordelia continued to freak out. Blaise shrugged glancing at his girlfriend confused.

"Look at Nev, Ron, and Daphne," Cordelia whispered to the two boys. "The three of them would be so so cute! They'd be so cute!" Cordelia practically squealed again. Blaise and Theo glanced at her amused along with Sirius who was sitting directly across from her.

"You think they're all interested in each other?" Theo questioned, slightly guarded. "How does that even work?" he added, not knowing much about it since his father and grandfather had both stated that there was marriage and then mistresses or side lovers. Cordelia shrugged having not thought about it and turned to Remus and Sirius; who were not fully listening but had heard the last part of the conversation.

"Well it would be called a triad, throuple, or polyamory," Remus starts, getting into his professor mode. "It's fairly common in the wizarding world; especially in creature relationships, like Veela or others. They can be made up of any gender and any combination of them; you know that men can also have babies in our world with potions or some creature-indued lines have rare powerful wizards with the ability to have their own children," Remus lectures causing Cordelia to eat up the information along with the other two.

"Do most purebloods think it's okay, like traditional purebloods?" Theo hesitantly asked, blushing as Sirius gave him a slightly knowing look.

"It depends on the generation, wealth, and on genetics,," Sirius answered, knowing a bit more about it than Remus. "My parents didn't have a preference and neither did my grandparents; however there are families that look down on it due to the possibility of the child not being a true heir; which a blood adoption fixes easily," Sirius informs Theo. "The generation of newer pure-bloods that spend more time in the muggle world has a chance of adopting their viewpoint, but that's really out there for the wizarding world. There's also the wealth aspect, worrying about one dowry for a marriage is a lot but two makes some families insecure if they don't have the wealth to back it up," Sirius finishes, knowing that he never had to worry about that when he was a kid because of how prominent the Blacks were.

"How do they know?" Blaise questions after a moment, having watched Cordelia and Theo's faces during the conversation. Sirius looks at him confused so Blaise reiterates. "How do they know that more than one person is their love, that all three of them are equally in love or like with each other?"He re-iterated.

"Well," Remus clears his throat, suddenly uncomfortable. "It's important to remember that it won't always be smooth sailing, even knowing someone has feelings for you and that you're together can't combat natural jealousy and it could be worse with a relationship between 3 people, but it could also be less; it's not an exact science," Remus explains. "Like any relationship, trust is important but to answer your original question; if you find yourself spending as much time with the people you like, thinking about them and they do as well; then that's a sign. It's the same as loving one person; just more," Remus finished the explanation.