𝟚𝟚⏐dobby's warning

"Who would like to read the next chapter?" Dumbledore says looking around the room. He had read the title and while he loved Cordelia's excitable friend, he didn't want Dobby to be overwhelmed; especially with seeing his former master and family.

"If it's no trouble sir; may I please read?" Astoria Greengrass asks nervously, glancing at her cousin who gave her an encouraging smile. Daphne smiled proudly at her sister, she was coming out of her shell.

"Yes Miss Greengrass, that sounds like a wonderful idea." Headmaster Dumbledore says with a smile, floating the book toward the small Slytherin girl. She accepts the book and opens the chapter, glancing at them unsure.

"Dobby's Warning." Astoria reads out; ignoring the slightly confused baffles from the Malfoy family.

"Drakey, didn't you have a house-elf named Dobby?" Pansy Parkinson says in her whiney voice, making Cordelia roll her eyes, and apparently, Narcissa shared the sentiment because she stared down at the girl. Parkinson was clutching his arm and acting very desperate.

"Miss Parkinson, remove your hands from my son before I do it for you," Narcissa says sharply. Cordelia hides a chuckle in her hand as Parkinson shockingly takes her hands off. "Now sit up like a proper young lady before I find a way to call your mother." She says sternly, eyeing the girl until she does so. Narcissa turns toward Astoria who was glancing at her patiently, waiting to continue. "Sorry dear, please continue reading." She smiles at the youngest Greengrass who gives a hesitant one back.

Cordelia managed.. holes.

"Poor Dobby, obviously not being taken very well care of," Luna says sympathetically, ignoring the glares that Lucius Malfoy was sending her. Luna noticed the other eyes on her and said serenely. "His new family is a much better fit for him." She adds, purposely not glancing at Cordelia who let out a tiny smirk that only Blaise saw. He knew about Dobby, Cordelia had privately told her about it.

"House-Elves should always be well taken care of." Regulus and Hermione say at the same time, before turning to each other with a smile. Cordelia let out a tiny groan and Severus followed; it was better to keep those two away from each other before Regulus was walking around promoting S.P.E.W.

"Where was the Malfoy crest that our other elves wear?" Draco asks confused, all House-Elves at the Manor wore tea towels with the Malfoy Crest on them. His father just sighs and shakes his head, making Draco frown because he didn't get the answers he sought.

"Er — hello,"... my bedroom."

"Only you would have a conversation with an unknown person in your room and think it was normal and be apologetic." Hermione sighs with a fond look on her face. Cordelia blushes slightly, leaning against her Dad who had wrapped an arm around her.

"Don't be embarrassed, your mother was the same way when she met our house-elves," James says with a small grin. Lily blushes and swats James' hand that had come to her shoulder.

"Shush! James Charlus." Lily warns her husband. Cordelia watched her parents with a smile; they were just like how Sirius and Remus described them and it still felt surreal to see them with her.

"Reggie is a house-elf magnet; Kreacher especially loves him," Sirius says to Regulus' amusement as he notices the pout on his older brother's face.

"Just because Kreacher never liked you doesn't mean anything." Reggie teases his brother, ducking at the stinging hex that was shot toward him.

Aunt Petunia's.. the bed.

"Big mistake kiddo," Reggie says with a chuckle. Cordelia glowers, remembering the reaction, and pouts at everyone chuckling at her.