𝟙𝟟⏐the forbidden forest

"Alastor is right, we need to continue," Headmaster Dumbledore says with a small knowing smile as he glances at Cordelia who was looking at the book with hesitance. "Why don't you read Mr.Weasley?" Albus says glancing over at the table where all the Weasleys were sitting and looking at each other. "I meant George Weasley since his twin read earlier." He finishes with a chuckle, letting the book float toward George who catches it in his hand.

"The Forbidden Forest" George reads out, making all of the parents look at Cordelia and the Headmaster. Lily had an angry look on her face whereas James looked resigned, and Sirius was looking panicked at Remus who had taken a very sharp breath. Cordelia glanced around looking at the reactions and was surprised to see Arcturus staring at her knowingly making her shrink slightly, she barely knew him but somehow he got through her masks quicker than her parents who hadn't broken through all of them yet.

"I really hope you guys are just learning about the forest, who knows what you could encounter in there," Remus says nervously, thinking back to his school times while Sirius rubs his hand with his thumb as George starts reading.

Things couldn't.... already.

"You should've told me Miss Potter-Black, especially since you were helping Hagrid and we could've talked to the Headmaster together." Professor McGonagall states making Cordelia snort and she raises an eyebrow at the young girl; surprised by the slight attitude she was showing.

"No Offense Professor but when we told you another thing the same year, you told us not to worry about it and that everything was fine; when it wasn't." Cordelia bites out, ignoring the scolding look that her father was sending her. McGonagall gives Cordelia a guilty look, remembering when she didn't believe them.

Had ..Neville. What was her godbrother doing out so late? He was gonna kill her that's for sure.

"Cori!"...Explain yourselves. "

"Ooo good luck Prongslet; she's pissed," Sirius says with a wince, remembering all of the times that they got yelled at by Professor M as he called her. Said Professor gives him a glare while Remus smacks the back of Sirius' head very lightly.

"Not the time Pads," Remus whispers to him.

It was..., to warn them. She had just alienated her own family member because she tried to help a friend. What if he didn't want to be her godbrother anymore and decided to ignore the fact that they're family? What if he saw what the Dursleys did, how worthless little Cordelia Potter really was?

"Cordelia Lily Dorea," Neville says, cutting George's sentence off as he walks over to his godsister who was staring at her lap, a couple of tears streaming down her face. "Look at me please little sister," Neville demands calmly. James was comforting an upset Lily since Neville was confronting Cordelia; Lily was trying not to hex Dumbledore or her sister. Professor McGonagall was staring at Cordelia sadly, she had failed her so much and hadn't noticed what was going on.

"Nev, it happened four years ago it doesn't matter." Cordelia tries to defend but doesn't get much further after Neville scoffs at her.

"Cordelia it doesn't matter if it happened four years ago, you need to hear this," Neville says sternly. Cordelia looks up at him with a small frown on her face and Neville looks sadly at her tears. "I would never leave you and I've never thought that you were worthless or anything like that," Neville says grabbing her hand gently. "You are amazing and I was not upset with you, I was upset with the implications that Professor McGonagall made about you," Neville says before ushering his sister into a hug. "I am proud to be your godbrother and my parents would be so proud to have a goddaughter like you," Neville says before kissing her head and sitting next to her.