𝟚𝟜⏐flourish and blotts

Cordelia was beginning to love Godric's quarters in Hogwarts. Between the plush couches and the light white with gold shimmer walls to her own bedroom that is across the hall from her parents and uncles; she's feeling quite greatful. She was currently reading a book in her room, waiting for Lily and James to come back from a meeting with the Order members at the school and Madam Bones who were discussing some plans for post-book reading. She was offered to invite friends over but she wanted a moment of quiet, especially since the past four days of reading had been so hectic. The book she was reading was given to her by Sirius, he had wanted to give it to her over Christmas but hadn't been able to go to Gringotts to get it, however by the time the books showed up, he had finally gotten it out. It was the Potter family grimoire; holding the secrets of the Potter family along with family magic.

"Praesidium" Cordelia says as she waves her wand in a circular motion as the grimoire instructs over her trunk. It was a Potter protection charm, designed to keep objects safe. Cordelia smiled as the golden light shot out of her wand. "Wicked!" She grinned as she practiced the spell again before glancing at the passage:

Praesidium which in Latin means protection is a spell that has been in the Potter family since before its union with Godric Gryffindor, our direct ancestor. The spell can be used on objects or people. With objects; it does not allow anyone besides the spellcaster or kin to hold, open or have it. With people, it acts as a layer of protection similar to a shield charm; it will protect from most curses and can be put into jewelry with the Potter Protection rune as a protection pendant. Every Potter is taught this spell, it only works for a Potter in both blood and spirit, it's as easy as Lumos for the family.

"Cordelia we are back!" James shouts as the door closes, interrupting Cordelia from her reading. She shuts the book and puts it back in the trunk before going out to the main room where her family was sitting, well some of them.

"Hello, pup." Sirius greets as Cordelia walks in, a potions text in her arm. Cordelia walks over and hugs Sirius before greeting the rest of her family. Lily smiles at her daughter as she takes a seat next to Regulus to show him something in a potions text.

"What were you up to all day fawn?" James asks his daughter after Regulus and Severus answered her question.

"Well, I read the book Uncle Siri gave me," She says with a smile, and James gives a wide smile. "I learned some new things from it that I was hoping you'd hopefully teach me?" She asks shyly. James of course agrees and then Sirius chimed in saying he'll continue teaching her the Black side of the family's spells.

"Cordelia I will also teach you some things if that's amendable since I have the same ability as you," Arcturus says to his great-grandaughter. Cordelia glances at him confused before remembering the conversation with Moody.

"You'll teach me how to use my sense of magic to my advantage?" Cordelia asks in awe making Arcturus let out a small chuckle.

"Yes little one, I'll teach you that and some battle strategy that your Grandfather taught me," Arcturus says with a smile, gently cupping his granddaughter's cheek. "I along with your father and Aunt Andromeda will be making sure all of your pureblood etiquette, bloodline knowledge, and more are up to par in the next couple of days," Arcturus informs her with a glance.

"Yes, Grandfather." Cordelia agrees instantly; she knows she knew a lot but probably had more to learn. "When will we be reading?" She asks after a moment of silence.

"Actually we should head there in about 10 minutes, so I suggest you get changed," Lily says with a chuckle, motioning to Cordelia's PJs consisting of Sirius' old AC/DC shirt from before Azkaban which he had given her one night when she didn't have PJs he approved of (Dudley's castoffs were now rags for Kreacher to use) and a pair of shorts that Hermione had given her after she'd outgrown them (they were actually brand new but Hermione knew how stubborn she was and cut the tags off.)