𝟛𝟜⏐the very secret diary

"Cordelia honey, how painful was the polyjuice on a scale from one to ten?" Lily pesters her daughter while they are waiting to read the next chapter. There were alot of questions floating around the hall but Cordelia's comfort was a top priority for her family.

"It was a 4." Cordelia grumbles, knowing her mother was just worried but was finally feeling like a typical teenager.

"That means it was a 6 or 7." Neville chimes in helpfully, sending his godsister a reproachful look. "She does this alot." He adds with no regrets, sending a smile toward his godparents. Lily was instantly at her daughter's side, wrapping her in a hug. James casts silent diagnostic charms on his daughter, and frowns at some of the things he sees, vowing to go see Pomfrey later to get Cordelia's medical records, besides the malnutrition potions, he didn't know if there was anything else that she needed. He did notice that her abilities hadn't been hindered by the specific stunt she pulled.

"Wait, where was Parkinson during all of the last chapters?" Terrance Higgs asks, realizing that she was never mentioned. Cordelia turns scarlet and mutters something under her breath. Remus' eyes widen and he turns in shock toward his goddaughter.

"Cub please tell me I heard you wrong and you didn't lock Miss Parkinson in a broom cupboard after telling her that your cousin was waiting for her." Remus facepalms, questioning his niece. Cordelia simply shrugs, sending an innocent look toward her Uncles and parents who were looking at her.

"Somehow Sirius influenced her without even trying." Regulus laughs lowly, remembering when Sirius had pulled the same thing on Bellatrix but about the Dark Lord. Severus gives him an alarmed look, Black was his least favorite of their little group, and the fact he influenced a child scares him.

"Uncle Remus I would never." Cordelia states, fluttering her eyelashes and pouting slightly, not that anyone would buy it at this point, she's been revealed as being quite devious. Remus raises an eyebrow and Cordelia jokingly huffs before turning toward the Headmaster. "Are we continuing?" She asks scared, this would be a chapter that would be uncomfortable for alot of people if her calculations were right.

"Yes, we are." Albus Dumbledore states, giving Cordelia a nod. He looks through the crowd and turns toward the Weasleys. "Would you like to read young William?" Albus asks the oldest Weasley.

"Sure sir," Bill says before summoning the book toward him. "The Very Secret Diary." He reads out, no one noticing that Cordelia, Ginny, Luna, and Ron all pale slightly at the mention of the title.

Hermione..... homework.

"You kids are so sweet." Molly smiles at the three of them proudly. Cordelia and Neville blush while Ron just grumbles embarrassed by his mother's comment. He loved her but Merlin he was always being babied in person.

"If...gloomily.Neville made a noise of disapproval but it's quiet, like him.

"I...medicine.

"Oh, Hermione's Lockhart crush was prime entertainment." Cordelia chuckles, giggling behind her hand. Hermione glares at her bestfriend while Fred was giving her amused look. "She pinned that to her corkboard in the dorm too," Cordelia whispers to her mother and father who chuckled.

"You had a crush on Bill and Charlie!" Hermione calls out making Cordelia blush Weasley red while all the Weasleys turn toward the girl they considered their other sister.

"You what?" Charlie asks amused, glancing at his other sibling. Cordelia was blushing beat red with all the eyes on her.

"I did not have a crush on them, I just mentioned that they were the most attractive Weasleys." Cordelia retorts, glaring at a smirking Hermione.