"I tried to kill myself because your father threatened me with my family's life and your brother tried to control each and every part of my life! Ananya, you may want that life, but I don't." Sneha answered in the same tone.

A momentary silence lapsed between them as the tension rose.

"Look, Sneha, I am not here to argue with you or recall the past. I just want my brother back. You...you are living just fine...It is my brother who is suffering." Ananya indirectly accused her again.

"It is not my fault, Ananya." Sneha became defensive again.

"I am not saying it is your fault. I am just requesting you to please talk to him once."

Sneha thought over it. It made no sense to her. And, she knew it would make absolutely no sense to anyone if she would go and talked to him after what has transpired between them. They were better strangers now.

Sneha shook her head negatively.

"No, Ananya. I am extremely sorry, but I can't talk to him. He and I have parted ways and we will never see each other again. It's better if we don't meet either." She said with a lowered gaze.

"How can you be so selfish, Sneha!" Ananya spoke in a bitter tone.

Sneha's brows raised and she chuckled.

"I am being selfish?"

"You just need to..."

"If...thinking about my happiness and my life and my freedom, is being selfish, then fine, I am selfish. But, I think, I have the right to choose what is right for myself." Sneha spoke her mind.

"Sneha, it is not even going to take an hour! I'll take you to his penthouse and I'll drop you back here as well."

"No, Ananya. I am sorry. I...have to go." She said and turned around to walk back to her sister.

"It's his birthday, today!" Ananya spoke as soon as she had walked a few steps away from her.

Sneha halted as realization dawned upon her.

Suddenly, she remembered Viraj telling her about his birthdate. She slowly turned around and faced Ananya again.

"He is a grown man, Ananya. I am sure, things like this won't bother him." Sneha said and turned back again.

"What did she say?" Priya asked Sneha.

"Nothing. Let's go."

.

.

.

Sneha couldn't pay attention to her self-defence classes as her entire attention was on Ananya's words.

'Should I go and talk to him?' Sneha wondered as she practised with her sister.

'Are you crazy? He'll get the wrong idea again.' She scolded herself.

'And what will I say?'

'Happy birthday, Viraj? I came here because your sister asked me to. He'd laugh at me!'

A sharp blow hit her arm and brought her out of her thoughts.

"Stay focused, di!" Priya scolded her sister.

Sneha sighed and rubbed her aching arm.

"Let's go home." She said.

"We still have 15 minutes." Priya said as she looked at the clock.

"I don't feel well." She lied.

Sensing her sister's foul mood, Priya nodded and followed her.

They exited the academy and walked towards the main gate to take the rickshaw.