Chapter 17 - Maze

Start from the beginning

My vision started to blur. I ran trough the doors and gave every last bit of my energy to make it to the picknick tables, to get help.

'Minho..' I stopped running and felt like I could collapse any minute.

Minho and Newt both looked from their food.

'Raven, you okay?' Newt who had definitely seen me breathing heavily asked.

'No,' I managed to get out. 'I-..' I couldn't even finish the sentence as I felt my legs give up. Black dots appeared in my vision and the burning in my back was awful.

'Raven!' I saw some shadows around me before everything turned black.

~

I opened my eyes and sucked in a deep breath. I immediately heard a chair moving and then I saw Newt's head.

'Oh hey.' I smiled a little. I wanted to sit up but I felt an burning pain in my back.

I looked around and saw that I was in the hospital room. 'What happend?' I asked. It took me a minute to remember it. The maze, the griever.

'Hey hey, calm down there.' Newt gently pushed me back on the bed.

'No, I want to get up. How long was I out?' I stood up but immediately felt the pain in my back and I clenched my jaw.

'Raven, don't get up. It'll make it worse.' Newt said worried.

'It's just a cut I can live with it.'

Yes, it hurted, but it probably wasn't even that bad.

'I thinks it's more than just a little cut.' Another voice said. I looked up and saw Minho standing in the room now. 'Hey.' He said.

'The Griever didn't sting you, but he did hurt you with one of it's spikes.' I saw Clint standing in the corner of the room. 'I will need to check the wound.' He said as he walked to me. I laid down on my stomach, on one of the beds.
Clint moved my shirt up a little.

'That does not look good.' Minho looked at the wound.

'That's definitely more then just a cut, Raven.' Newt's eyes widened.

'Jeff, give me the rubbing alcohol please. I need to clean the wound again. Raven this will hurt.' He warned me.

He put some of the rubbing alcohol on a cloth and moved it over my wound. I squeezed my eyes shut at the burning I felt. I felt a hand grabbing mine and I squeezed it. Once Clint was done I opened my eyes. Newt was holding my hand. Jeff handed Clint a big white cloth and Clint started wrapping it around my back and stomach.

'Done. It'll take a few weeks to recover but you'll be okay.' Clint said.

'Weeks?!' I asked shocked. I wasn't going to lie in this stupid bed for weeks.

'Yeah, but I think you'll be able to walk in a few days.'

'I can already walk.' I said stubborn.

'No, you can't.' Minho said.

I got up and walked. Every single step I made hurt like hell, but I didn't stop walking.

'See?!' I turned around and looked at all the boys in the hospital room. 'I'm gonna go see Chuck.' I said and with a lot of pain I walked down stairs, leaving the boys behind.

I finally arrived at the Deadheads, what took me long enough. I would go to Chuck later, but right now I just needed some time for myself. I let out a sigh.

I didn't know why but my eyes started to water and I soon found myself crying. Lots of tears ran down my cheeks and they didn't stop.

~

After a while I managed to stop crying and I walked back to the Homestead. With struggles and winces I got up the stairs and in my bed, that was still standing in Newt's room. I didn't care how late it was. I just let myself fall on the bed and fell asleep.

~

Newt's POV

Raven was obviously not okay. She acted like she wasn't in pain, but we all knew she was. I knew she wasn't going to Chuck, and I had to resist myself from going after her. After half an hour I saw her walking out of the Dead Heads. Her eyes were red and puffy, she obviously cried.

Later I found her sleeping in her bed. Her dark hair was all over the pillow and her face, her blanket was on the ground. I picked it up and put it over her.

'Thanks.' Raven slowly opened her eyes.

'Oh sorry, I didn't wanna wake you.' But I was actually glad she was awake.

'It's okay.' She said.

'How are you feeling?' I asked. 'How are you actually feeling?'

She hesitated. 'I don't know.' She said and I saw her eyes water. 'Sorry.' She quickly looked down.

'Hey it's okay.' I smiled. 'You were in the worst pain but you still kept running trough the maze. You didn't give up.'

She gave me a small smile.