Chapter 35: Finale

Art: Unknown (comment if you know please)

"I have to... I have to try again..." Sage mumbled as she constantly forces herself to pull out the magic in her, surrounded in the chaos that occurred just a few moments ago. A part of her was slowly drifting away as time refused to allow her to revive even just one person. "I cannot allow this.. to happen..." She said, her voice strained and a part of her stomach slowly turning into a crystalized blue.

"No... Ying Wei..." Omen coughed as he places a hand over her shoulder. A sign made out of silence. A saying that it was time to stop. It was their end... and it was time to accept that.

"No! Omen, you don't understand- I... I have to.." She muttered, quickly trying again and again... and with no progress she dropped down on the floor, both hands on her face as she weeped. Weeping for her friends, her found family, her world...

Omen stared at her with such pitiful eyes... He knew then what he needed to do. He noticed every time she trued she would lose a part of herself.. The problem was she alone, was not enough. They need more souls... She needed him.

He looked at her, wiping her tears down with one hand as he nodded his head. No words needed to be said. The both of them knew what it meant—and she was in no position to reject the offer.

Omen had always thought that in some particular way.. he came back a monster for a reason. That reason must be now. A purpose for his shattered soul. Whereas Sage was pure of hope for this world, most of his life, Omen was not. Only now did he believe in the concept of hope.. Only now did he hope.

She cried, and with the last of her dwindling powers, she absorbed both of their souls into one... One of a broken entity and one of pureness.. surely it's enough to save the world.

A sudden burst, fragments of light exudes from Omen and Sage's bodies as people started to revive one by one... Of course they weren't enough to save the world but... The people...

A last smile comes from Sage's hollowed white silhouette as a last tear falls down from her face.

————————————————————————-

"—You..." Yoru mumbled as he blinks his eyes open. He was amongst one of the last people to come back to life that you frantically went around the whole lab looking for him and when you did... oh god when you did... You couldn't help but weep. Weep before running up to him and wrapping your arms around him.

"You.." You whispered back before softly and passionately kissing him like you'll never see him again, not able to accept that he was real and not just a fragment of your imagination.

"I love you Y/n..." Yoru mumbled, smiling before
kissing you again. He wasn't worried about how this could be possible but... he knew that you two were destined to be with each other.

"I.. I love you too Yoru..." You mumbled, still looking deep in his eyes.

"I love you too Princess..." He muttered before kissing your cheek. "I won't ever leave you from now on okay.? Never again. Kini will be right here for you my love..." He explained in brief details, hoping you'd get the hint—and by the look on your eyes. It sure seems you did.

"Kini..?"

Just as you uttered that name, Yoru's gray, frail mother ran out to her son, cupping his face to check if there was even a hint of a scratch on that boys body, she was going to kill everyone responsible for that problem.

"I'm... I'm so glad you're okay..." She ran out of breath while talking, grabbing onto her son for support.

"Kagami my love— How could you run off like that, you should be resting! I don't want to lose you again..." His father, Ryu followed behind her tracks, pieces of dark crystals still plastered on his shirt as a silhouette of... his mother?

"Wait what- what happened-"

————————————————————————

The rest of the week was quite chaotic really... Since the second world was not able to be brought back together, Earth had to accommodate almost twice as many people as they used since everyone's duplicate is now living on Earth... Well... not everyone.. most. Most duplicates... Thankfully only one duplicate was missing from the Valorant Legion, despite the fact of losing two permanently... they just could not find wherever Jett went... No sign... No clue... No wind tracks... It was as if she wasn' given a chance to be brought back to life...

Other than that, all is well... Life's been good... Everyone found it weird at first to have two of the same person be there but... We found a way to clear that up. And don't worryyyy- It's not Person 1, Person 2 this or that... We just made nicknames for each other... For example.. I changed my name from Tala to Star- same thing, different name- Works—Oh shit my computer still hasn't been updated... come on... seriously.. maybe if I add in a little bit of electricity it might just... *BOOM* Ah... well that was a bad idea.

———————————————————————

Author's note: HEY GUYSSSS!!! OMG- Omg. Oh mY gOd. This story. is officially, FINALLY. OVER. TvT I just want you guys to know that I apologize for the last chapter AND for leaving a shit ton of easter eggs in the story—(hehe goodluck finding those)

I will finally set out for a few months.. take a vacation.. a super duper long vacation... and I hope to see you guys again when I come out from hiding!! MWUAHSSS!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! 🥰🥰🥰 I hope you guys enjoyed this story... I love you <3