Chapter 13: Suspicions

Yoru looked over at you, his right hand on his knee and the other pinned against the wall as he bends down rapidly gasping for air. The only ones left on the field were you and him at this point. His breath was visible from the cold and with every huff, his visions become blurrier and unstable. This fight has been going out for quite a while now and HQ is definitely collapsing under the sudden attack. He straightened himself up and combed a stray fringe up before calling out your name in a weak yet aggressive tone.

Your head turned immediately as you heard him call out your name. He looked exhausted from all the fighting... A faint empathic glow washed over your face... you felt worried about his current state. All your thoughts were pushed away when he suddenly fell on his knee, his eyes flickering wearily as you ran to help him.

"Are you alright..?" You asked, hesitating a little as you pulled his arm over your shoulder, sturdily guiding him up.

"I'm fine." He quickly answered.

"Do you think we should surrender...? I don't think we can do this.. The two of us versus however many enemies are left... It seems unreasonable..." Your voice was a little weary. The both of you were quite exhausted at this point- Would it be better to leave the fight...?

"Listen to me. I have-" He slightly winced as a bullet flew right across his cheek. "I have a plan."

He wipes the blood off of his cheek and turns to face you. "For this to work you have to do everything I say." he placed a hand on your cheek, guiding it upwards so he could take a good look of you.

"Hey, we can do this, Okay?" He said while furrowing his eyebrows, a hint of dominance yet subtlety in his voice.

While nodding you find yourself blushing at his words. His aura.. Just everything... You looked completely stumped right now.. Could it be that... Ah fuck fuck fuck- NO! What were you thinking?? Why do you keep on having these thoughts- it's- Just. No. You quickly look away from him, distancing yourself from him.

"What do I have to do?" You said as you composed yourself.

Brimstone stands firmly in front of multiple screens. His arms are placed solely behind his back as he observes the two of you seemingly doing well in defending Headquarters. His eyes glisten in the darkroom as he looks at you and Yoru's antics.

Meanwhile on the battlefield, as you and Yoru come up with strategies, he quickly flings a gun at you.

A Marshal?

Yoru snickers at you. "I'm just hoping you know how to use that damn thing." while loading his gun with 10 more bullets.

You take the gun and scope in, placing it on your shoulder level while closing your left eye to be more precise and looking out for any agents brave enough to peek. As soon as one of them does, you immediately flick to your right. Precise and directly shooting a bullet through their head.

"Make sure to-" His words were cut short with a bang and what seems to be a body plopping to the ground. "Oh"

Headshot

You chuckle, turning your head to Yoru. "I think I got it from here." You mentioned just as a smirk creeps up the corner of your lips.

Unbeknownst to everyone, you were actually pretty good at using the Marshal. It was one of your specialties. You quite enjoyed practicing that specific gun since you quite enjoyed being a sniper of some sort. Not to mention, Jett always used it in the practice range and since she was technically your coach, it rubbed off on you in a way.