Chapter 7: Hate

"Uhm..." Jett said, breaking the awkward silence roaming around the group of girls observing behind the glass window.

She shot up a face of confusion as she stuttered, "Did- Did that really just happen or..." She turned her head to the girls, Neon stopped chewing pandesal, her mouth gaping open a little, Killjoy just had pure shock on her face, and Raze had plastered on an amused yet concerned face.

"Is that even allowed??? I've never seen anyone do that before-" Neon asked with a tint of excitement in her voice, chuckling at her words.

"Y/n just.. Continues to shock me..." Killjoy said as she placed a hand on her chest, still unbelievably speechless after what just happened.

"Shock us." Raze added, she wasn't really that big of a fan of yours before but just looking at the impressively unpredictable strategies you had concocted, she was quite impressed.

It's safe to say that no one expected you to be so daring. Although it does feel good proving people wrong, you've directly planted a target on your back. With rumours, witnesses, and cameras surrounding you–maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all...

You sprung up back to life. Your chest bolting up as a horrible headache attacks your forehead. You wince at the slight pain as you put a finger to your forehead. So this is how it feels to die and come back to life huh?

On the corner of your eye, you saw Sage and Viper conversating. The topic, of course, was you. You saw both of them fully invested and concentrated as they seemed to be discussing the interesting stunt you did earlier. You pretend not to notice them as you sat quietly on the emergency bed they put you on.

They didn't seem to acknowledge you as of the moment. Viper was too busy trying to figure out whether what you did was legal or not and Sage was just too tired to even spare a glance your way. You figured they were probably too busy to talk to you so you attempted to sneak off, away from them while they were too busy tending to their own problems.

You quietly fling the door open, leaving Viper and Sage without making a single sound. As you stepped out of the infirmary, you slowly pushed the door close. Unlike most of the doors in the Facility, The infirmary was equipped with white doors since it required more privacy than the others. The kitchen or lobby, for example, are placed with translucent doors since they are considered to be public rooms.

You walked fast-paced into the kitchen, grabbing yourself a snack and a bottle of one of Neon's iced tea–hopefully, she won't notice, she would kill you otherwise–as you headed to the lobby. While walking to the lobby, you accidentally bump into someone, not noticing where you were going. There were too many people in the corridors for you to keep track of and avoid each and every agent without stumbling a few times...

Your head slightly jolted against someone's chest. You give them a small bow while muttering apologies under your breath right before taking your leave. Although, just as you were about to, you felt a hand firmly grasp the very end of your wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice behind you spat out in an aggressive tone with a slightly hidden whisper of bashfulness.

You immediately turned around to see the tall disagreeable man you kissed today on the battlefield, Yoru. He seemed flushed... flustered? His cheeks were tainted with pink while his eyebrows shot you an angry expression. You couldn't explain it but... his face was annoyingly adorable.

"Definitely somewhere you're not" You answered sarcastically. I mean what else were you supposed to say to a guy you made out with during a fight in order to distract him so you could pull the trigger on his head?

He looked at you with visible confusion as he let go of your wrist. His harsh expression softened, overcome with sheer embarrassment and lack of understanding.

"About earlier..." He coughed, not being able to look you directly in the eyes. He couldn't believe what he was saying. How stupid could he possibly be to act like this? It was so irritating but he just couldn't help it.

"What about earlier? As far as I know, nothing fundamental happened except for the fact that I won and you lost" You said as you gave him a smirk. No one other than Viper and err... Sage... has to know what happened in that arena.

You wanted to forget about the fact that you... you took a deep breath not wanting to remind yourself of your actions. The two of you looked at each other for a while... It seemed like the buzzing corridors were empty at that moment and all you could see was him.

You really really didn't want to replay it in your head but no matter how much you hated it, you felt magnetically attracted to him... The sparks you feel when you collide against one another... The way he... 'AH! No no no!' you scolded yourself before thinking any further, slightly shaking your head as you closed your eyes for a second. He's an arrogant, annoying, and stubborn man! This is probably just a side effect of that stupid kiss!

He looked into your eyes.. Unlike you, Yoru wasn't able to shrug it off. He kept thinking about it over and over again. The way you made him feel... It was something out of this world... Your lips just felt so natural on his and he knew himself that he wanted more... But- he couldn't. He's not supposed to. You made him feel less like himself... and he hated it. How dare you make him feel... shy.

The two of you looked away from each other. Quickly retreating both of your hands to yourselves. That kiss was merely a strategy. It isn't something to dwell on...

He scoffed, then looked over at you. "You're wrong. I won." he said boastfully before giving you a confident smile.

"Haha! Which end of the gun was pointing at who again?" you said, incredibly vexed at his idiotic narcissism. You shouldn't have even given him the time of your day. Why did you have to stay for this conversation? You should have just left.

He laughed at your remark, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms. "And which one of us died???" he smirked at you as his eyebrows furrowed in contentment, belittling you and your combat skills.

Right then and there, you decided that you wouldn't take any more of him and his ignorant attitude. You shot him a piercing glare before turning around and leaving him behind. Stomping away to the lobby, not looking back.

Author's note: Thank you all so very much for the support!! I appreciate each and every one of your votes and lovely comments :DD

I'll be posting 1000-1500 word parts now because I do believe that 2000 words might be too long but it depends on you guys really... What do you think? Long chapters or "Just right" chapters?

I hope you enjoy this Chapter <33