Chapter 18: Ice cream

@Ilikeaoiro on twitter

After a few minutes of Chamber talking and explaining how literally everyone in the protocol has heard of your strange tactics, you stayed quiet in the little corner of his room. The regret is just eating you alive at this point. Thoughts like 'Why did no one tell me?!?' filled your head as you breathe in and out trying to calm the growing anxiety inside you.

"I-It really is no big deal mon Cherie..." He mentioned to at least help ease you, slightly worried, his eyebrows tinting up as he gave you a small smile. Offering you a glass of wine.

"BUT IT IS-" You yelped. If everyone knew, they're all probably silently judging you... You groan in frustration, placing both of your hands on your face, attempting to hide your fully flushed face.

"I want to die..." You said with a little sob in your voice, dying out of sheer embarrassment.

"Well.." Chamber had no idea what to say, He's not really one that's good at comforting people. He looked at you with an awkward look on his face, he thought you would be condescending, flirtatious, promiscuous even- but the lady presented to him as of right now was the sheer opposite of what kind of person he thought you were.

It comforted him in a way. You were so cute...

"Why don't we get some ice cream hm?" He hummed with a sweet smile on his face, moving his face closer to yours.

You pull your hands off of your face, looking at him in the eyes. "Ice cream does sound good right now..." you said, tempted.

"Well let's go then." He immediately opened the door for you. "After you"

'I guess he is gentlemanly... in a way.' You thought to yourself.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silence was almost too unbearable. You'd think after not seeing each other for a good year or two, these two would have a lot to say to each other but... Yoru felt like something was off. He felt like something was bothering Skye but he dared not ask. The both of them never really went through tough times so he didn't know whether or not he should ask her.

Skye kept her arms closed. Her cheery, happy-go-lucky aura had lost its shine... The more she talked to Yoru, the more she realized that the only topic on his mind right now.. Was you.

She tried to talk to him about every possible topic there was to talk about but somehow, each and every one led a route to your name.

It's always "Oh.. Yeah- oh I remember Y/n this, Y/n that" It annoyed her to her very core.

They both entered the meeting room. "Ah just in time. Skye, Yoru, take your seats." Viper said, adjusting her glasses as she stood in front of a projection on the wall.

"What's this?" Yoru asked. He'd been walking with Skye with no direction whatsoever, not knowing that she was heading here.

Skye sighed, patting him in the back. "You should really learn to get your head out of the clouds sometimes... jeez... cmon- let's go sit over there" She said before pointing out to a space for two in between Reyna and Omen.

Almost everyone was there already. Yoru looked around to try to find you but noticed you weren't here... and so is that bastard. He sat down on a chair next to Reyna. Not wanting to involve himself with Omen.

Viper checks her watch before tapping on the table. "Alright! Listen up everyone." She announced as she held a ruler in her hand.

"As you may have noticed, some of your comrades from abroad are back! We can celebrate that later. First we need to establish as to why they're here" She said as she pressed a button on the remote-controlled projection for the next slide.

The screen displays a picture of Pearl, as well as the agents picked to go on the mission.

"This." She pointed at the screen. "Is Pearl." She took a small pause, sighing. KNowing the next information she was about to utter would probably get mixed opinions. "Located in Portugal, Omega Earth" She said before, as predicted, earning gasps from the agents.

"What are you suggesting here Viper?" Reyna immediately asked, her hands crossed, leaning on her chair with her eyebrow up.

"Me, Sage, and Brimstone have decided to hit back on the enemy." She said plainly. "Because of our current loss of Radianite... It's mandatory for us to get some from the other world."

"That's absurd! We can't possibly stoop that low!!" Sova said, outraged.

"Like it or not Agents, this is the only way." Viper answered back, slamming her ruler on the table to quiet everyone.

"Anyways, we've carefully handpicked some agents to go along this field trip. We have Agents Skye..." She said before Skye stood up and waved. "Miss ya'll a bunch!"

She sat back down and Viper announces the next agent. "Fade."

Fade says nothing, only waving her hand up, remaining seated.

"Chamber..." As the name rolled off her tongue, her eyes scanned the room for the tall young man but with no sight of him.

Suddenly the door opens, and in comes Chamber... with you behind him? Not noticing that there was a bit of vanilla ice cream on the side of your lips. You immediately go to an empty seat right in front of Yoru and Skye, waving at Skye, noticing she was here too. Chamber apologizes for the lateness while Skye crosses her arms glaring at you. Huh... What's up with her?

"Pardon Viper... We got a little carried away.." He mentioned. His suggestive comment earning a disgusted look from everyone around them.

He takes a seat right next to you, turning your way and noticing a spot of ice cream near your lips.

"Ah... Mon Cherie, you have something on your..." He says nonchalantly as he takes your chin, turning it to face him while wiping the desert away with his thumb, smiling as he adjusts his glasses.

Jett whispers something to Neon, who's currently too preoccupied to listen to the meeting, playing Mobile Legends on her phone. As soon as Jett's sentence finishes, her eyes automatically widen, looking over to Chamber and you.

"Luh- How did that happen?" She turned back to Jett, expressing her confusion about the sudden closeness of the two.

Jett shrugged in response, shaking her head. "I'm just as confused as you..."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: HoHOHOHOHo something's brewing~

Take a guess of what's gonna happen: >:3 

Sorry if it felt a little rushed btw!! THANK YOUUUU SOOO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT- You guys know that I really really really appreciate the kind votes, and comments- It's so fun reading you guys' comments I swear T^T <3