Chapter 9: What Are You Looking At?

During the welcoming party, you surprisingly spent most of your time accompanied by Omen. A few notable moments though were when some Agents in the protocol tried to separate you from him so they could "have their turn" as Phoenix said.

"I hope I'm not bothering you..." Omen said with a worried look on his ghostly face. His posture showed some sort of retreat or shyness into it.

"Oh no, no! Of course not!" You quickly said to him. "If it's a matter of who's bothering who- I should be the one asking." You said with a quiet giggle.

Omen showed what you think was a smile and continued to walk with you. His usual cold exterior quickly warmed up to you and that shocked most of the agents present indeed. They didn't expect anyone, especially you, to get through one of the most unfriendly and vile agents they had in the protocol other than Yoru and Viper. Although it did make sense, knowing that Omen does have a rather softer side to him.

"That new agent sure does have a way of warming up to certain types of people fast." Sova said to Reyna. Who was currently drinking a cup of punch as they observed the two together.

"From what I heard, she sure does like to use that as a strategy" She whispered to Sova.

The rumors around your stunt still rotate around Headquarters as you go on your days oblivious to the fact that everyone who you haven't met yet, already has a certain opinion about you without even getting to know you first. Good thing though that your station's agents were all pretty gentlemanly and withheld asking you any questions about it.

You stopped walking, a bit hesitant to ask but you just had to. "Hey, Omen... Uhm.. can I ask how old you are?" You asked him with a slight tint of blush. It's been bothering you ever since. He seemed too young to be the Omen you used to know back home.

"Oh, I'm 23." He said, a bit confused as to why you'd ask such a random question.

You look at him in slight terror or nervousness. A bit stunned to speak, your mouth briefly gaping open as you stuttered in shock.

'Why does she look more scared by my age and not my state of form..?' Omen thought to himself, finding it quite unusual.

"Oh... OH! That's uhm..." You were speechlessly shocked. He's 23. That would mean that you traveled more than 10 years back to the past...

"Is something wrong..?' He asked you, showing concern and worry on his hollow face as he slightly bent his head down to you, placing a hand on your forehead to see if you were sick or something.

"No... No. Everything's alright." You said as you shot a weary smile at him.

He pulled his hand back, it's not like he could feel anything anyways. He doesn't know why he just feels more protective when it comes to you... He had a slight feeling. A feeling. He hasn't felt anything like it until you came.

The two of you awkwardly stare at each other. Both in deep thought. Perplexed.

Omen has been observing you recently. He first saw you at the lobby, talking to the receptionist while his ghostly form stared at you from a distance. That was when he first got them... The feeling of curiosity. It's weird... especially because ever since the accident that turned him into Omen, he's rarely felt anything at all.

Suddenly a bang can be heard from behind you. Everyone's attention is immediately drawn to the loud sound of a fork being stabbed onto one of the tables. You and Omen both look at the commotion.

Yoru's hand firmly grasps on the piece of metal he smashed into the wooden table. His hair slightly fell on his face as his intense glare pierced through a certain someone. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips curled, it's as if he wanted to spit out a splat of insults but chose not to.

At first, you thought it was you he was staring at but you were proved wrong. His eyes didn't align straight to you. More like the person behind you. Phoenix saw the scene and quickly came to tend to his best friend's uncontrollable anger, leaving behind Jett and his conversation with her.

"Ookay!" He coughed, slightly tugging on Yoru's shoulder. "Seems like my buddy Yoru had too much Punch. haha-'' He laughed awkwardly, pulling Yoru away from the crowd.

You looked as everyone stopped what they were doing. Silently staring at Yoru's vexed state. He looked as if he wanted to kill someone, you could all just feel the vibe he was giving off in the room. It was full of aggression.

"What's his problem..." You muttered under your breath.

Omen heard this and assured you it was all fine and dandy. "That's just how Yoru is sometimes... don't worry" He said as he once again shot you a mysteriously pretty smile.

"Hey- what's wrong?" Phoenix said as he pulled Yoru to the side. Worry on his expression as he observed Yoru's irritated face.

"Nothing." He answered, facing to the left as he crossed his arms. He was definitely mad or annoyed. Phoenix just had no idea what it was.

"Nothing??" Phoenix chuckled at his best friend's temper. Yoru has always been one to be silent when bothered about something. "How can you call injuring a table–which you'll probably pay for by the way–nothing?" He said.

Yoru stayed silent for a minute, clenching his jaw as a response. His angry expression lingered then soon turned into a softer, more reflective one. Why did he do that? Even he wasn't quite sure what happened that led his actions to be so uncontrollable. Yes. he's always had a temper but... what was it this time?

He thought back to the moment Omen laid his hands on you. His wrapped palm caressing your forehead and the way the both of you looked at each other ever so dearly, you and him have been so close all evening that you could practically pass as a couple already. It was disgusting.

Maybe- Maybe it was you. You were the reason behind his rage. Your face was just so annoying he couldn't take it anymore. Your weird... annoying laugh, and- and your weird... annoying smile. He just despised it all.

He seemed so bothered with that specific thought that it surely was because you irritated him. Yes. That's right. It was purely because of his hatred of you that he did what he did. It was all your fault.

Phoenix said nothing more as he noticed his friend seemed to be deep in thought. He silently stayed next to him for the rest of the party, accompanying him as they stood in the corner of the room in pure blissful silence, separated from the crowd.

Author's note:

We all appreciate a jealous Yoru right- I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was full of angsttttt~ I wanna know what you guys think of Omen- hehe~

I'm sorry if this chapter was short but- don't worry ;D I shall feed you more on the next!