Chapter 16: Training

The silence was unbearable. Yoru and Phoenix ended up staying with the three of you and you remember thinking how it could possibly be the most awkward table you've ever sat at. You just sat there taking a sip of your matcha latte every now and then while Jett and Phoenix were immersed in a random conversation.

God how long are you gonna be able to bear this...

"What?" Yoru scowled as he looked at you with a mixture of confusion and embarrassment, his eyebrows furrowed with a tint of blush on his cheeks.

You were unsure what to respond since till now, you were just totally blanking out. Come to think of it, Yoru has been acting quite weird lately... Ever since... Goddamn it.. Why did you do that- You sincerely hope no one EVER finds out about that kiss... Seriously...

"Nothing." You replied as you scootched your chair farther from him.

He stares at you with one eyebrow up, unsure of why you were staring at him for a while now. Maybe there was something on his face? His hair..? He quickly checked himself, looking at his reflection in the window behind you. There was nothing wrong... Ah- was it you?

He inspected your face, your eyes seemed to glisten under the sun and you had this cute expression on you... Your eyelashes flickered as you sipped another glass of your drink. Your lips... Oh.

"Wait." He said before placing a hand on the side of your lips, leaning in while wiping a bit of cream away, placing his other hand on the arm of your chair, turning it around to face him while he pulled both the chair and you closer to him.

"You had whipped cream on your lips dumbass.. What are you? 5? Jeez..." He said as he retreated back to his position, his arms crossed.

To say you were stunned was an understatement. Your heart felt as if it was going to pop any second now, you stayed quiet all while your mind was going in scrambles... Why was that so attractive..? Wait- Wait- Y/n Are you crazy?!?! He's- Just. No.

You shake the thought away, your face visibly red from his gesture as you both looked away from each other. Embarrassed and flushed.

Meanwhile...

[Help me,  I'm literally third wheeling two couples rn

[Help me,  I'm literally third wheeling two couples rn. If only... Thanks for including me best friends :')]

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"I hope you enjoy your time here Agents." Viper said as she slapped three whole folders on the desk. "Try not to cause any trouble will you?" She mentioned before raising an eyebrow, turning around, and slamming the door behind her, leaving the visitors to fend for themselves.

"That was rude." said a girl with a particular Aussie accent. She placed her braided orange locks over her shoulder as she sat down on her seat, taking one of the folders placed on the desk. It's not the first time she's been here before but it sure has been a long time since she's visited.

After the breach of headquarters, Brimstone decided to enforce some more agents just in case something like that ever happens again. Three agents were carefully picked by Brimstone and Viper. It seems your stay here will be much more difficult now with the temporary arrival of these new agents.

Although their purpose isn't only to protect the base. According to the folder, Viper seems to have found a way to go what the Protocol calls "Omega Earth". The place where the enemy is from.

Since the lack of radianite has been thoroughly affecting the world due to the robbery and stealing of those copies, Kingdom has suggested stealing radianite back, even going as far as sending one of their most trusted agents to the special mission. To the underwater base in Omega Earth located in Lisbon, Portugal. Pearl.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Is that all you can do?" Yoru smirks, as he wipes his bloody lip, knife in hand while looking around him, confused as to where you could've gone.

You rolled your eyes. He's obviously trying to rile you up. "That's not gonna work on me" you whisper before appearing right behind him, instinctively bowing down, avoiding his advances as he swung his right arm right at you but ended up getting kneed on the face instead.

You stumble backward, still trying to maintain balance on your body. You spin the knife around your fingers, gripping it tighter before running over to Yoru full speed and trying your best to hit him.

He avoids all of your swings. Instead, he pushes you down, pinning you to the floor as he smirks to himself. You look just like you did when the two of you fought. Beneath him, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"What are you smiling at?" You asked, a bit frustrated you're currently losing the fight.

He doesn't say anything. Instead keeping his thoughts to himself. At this point in time, Yoru's just fully accepted the fact he may have a little crush on you. It's not like that's gonna hurt anyone anyways...

You managed to break one of your hands free. With this you immediately push him back, placing your hand on his chest. With enough energy, you decide to use your ability on him. You did not want to repeat the mistake you made the last time you two fought, you wasted too much of your energy that you couldn't use your most important ability. The ability to stop an enemy's movement for as long as you can hold.

C ability: Paralyze the enemy for 5 secs

Can only hold off one enemy at a time

Cannot be used while other abilities are in use

Can be used multiple times in one round but if used more than two times, it will definitely take a toll on your energy and might backfire, paralyzing you instead for 10 secs.

Yoru stays put, almost like a statue. All while you smirk and stab the crystal on his shirt, breaking the simulation device, finally ending training for today. You rise to your feet, stretching your body as you raise your hands up.

You look behind you and soon enough your ability wears off on Yoru. He plops to the ground before holding himself up, his eyes wide open as he rushes to you, a bit angry about why you didn't tell him you had an ability like that in advance.

"What the hell was that?!" He screamed, probably still stunned at the revelation of your abilities.

The door to the Arena opens as a tall man dresses up in what seems to be formal attire walks in.

"That's not really the proper way to talk to a woman as beautiful as mon Cherie, isn't it Mr. Kiritani?"

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Author's note: As you may have noticed, I've once again changed the borders- I was rereading this story because I partly made it for me too and I noticed that it just looked better having longer borders-

ALSO NEW MAP?!?!? PEARL IS SO ADDICTINGGG AND BIGG AND AAAAHHH

bTw, I love you guys' comments HAHAHA it honestly motivates me to write more and better because of how funny they are.

Shoutout to @neonussy btw TvT- They literally flooded my notifications with comments every idk how many seconds- Your idea of naming the abilities was pretty cool- If you guys have an idea on the name for the abilities- don't be afraid to comment it- who knows? Maybe I'll make it part of the story HAHHAH MWUAH!

Till next time <3