Chapter 4: Who am I?

Fanart: @Spliinkleson Twitter <33

"What?" He said, glaring at me with a puzzled look on his face. 

I'm so confused.. Who is this man? I look at him, my mouth slightly gaping open, my eyebrows furrowed as I curled my lip a little, glaring back. It was almost like a standoff. He stared me down from head to toe as I did to him, both of our expressions plastered with fierceness.

"Who am I?? Who are you!!" I said in frustration, pointing my index finger to his chest.

"Look I don't have time for this. Answer me. Who are you?" He said, more clearly this time as he moves his face closer to mine.

Until now, I totally forgot about the position that we were in- My face heats up, flushing red and pink, and as do the tip of my ears. He was so close... too close... I push him back as hard as I can, panicking as I can feel my pulse racing.

"I- have you ever heard of personal space??" I mumbled, not being able to look him in the eye. I'm pretty sure that at that moment, all the hair in my body just sprung upward.

I didn't really know what to do... Viper never really got this far on the plan. I mean- All she really said was to blend in, be one of them. Yes, I'm blending in quite nicely with the crowd but how am I supposed to be one of them? Wait- before that- Who am I supposed to blend in with first in particular?? The man in front of me looked familiar but I don't think I've seen his face before?? He couldn't possibly be one of the agents in the protocol right..?

I clear my throat a little, as I extend my right hand. "I'm Y/n, and you are..?" I said, shyly looking away from him in an attempt to hide my flustered face.

He just stands there, tilting his head as if to quietly observe. 'What a strange girl..' he must've thought. He always snickered at me, I've realized that it was almost like his default face included a curl on his lips, as if he was going to say something but just chose not to.

"Yoru." He replied, crossing his arms as he looks at my hand, then back to my eyes.

Wow- rude. I timidly retreat my right hand to my pocket as I felt his eyes on me. Well... this is awkward..

"So you're saying that she... ran into the fight...?" Brimstone paused. "To defend you..?"

He leans on his table, brushing the paperwork aside to create room for his arms.

"I've told you too many times already. Yes, and yes." Yoru said, a little bit annoyed now since Brimstone's been asking him the same question several times, as if he kept repeating it in order to convince himself that it really did happen.

"Ya gotta give us more detail man, I mean- Are we really just going to believe that a civilian, as short as her-" okay ouch. "-defeated a trained agent without even using her own powers? Like- think about it for a second there bud'' Jett said, still kind of disturbed and confused on how much other her must've whiffed so hard to let that happen to herself.

"I'm telling the truth alright? She just ran into Jett, kicked her gun away, and shot her dead." Yoru repeated, for the third time already. He's been in this office for so long even the gel on his hair was giving up on him at this point.

I just sat there awkwardly on the couch. My hands on my knee as I try not to look so suspicious. Not gonna lie, I was a little bit anxious. Well- not even just a little bit, I was extremely nervous- I genuinely don't know what to do... All Viper told me was to impress Brimstone. Very specific Sab. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT???

I stared out in the far distance, letting my mind wander, not noticing that I've actually been staring at Yoru for quite a while now. He spared me a glance, his eyebrow furrowing as he looked me directly in the eyes. I quickly turn my head to the side, my eyes widened in shock as I began to panic, hearing a thump in my chest. I don't know whether I'm scared or flattered?? Yeah no, I'm definitely scared of this man.