Chapter 27: Kini

Art: Tokkie on twitter

"What the fuck..." Killjoy murmured, sipping her drink just a few feet away from you and Skye. She observed as you watched Skye walk away, thankfully unscathed. If she went on any further, you might've actually started throwing hands.

You start to walk away, not wanting to talk to her anymore. You thought that talking about it might've maybe lessened the problem but oh boy- were you wrong. The only thing that conversation did was fuel the fucking fire-

There's no way Yoru would've cheated on you though... Not when... wait- what if.. what if you were wrong- what if you weren't exclusive??? what- Was Skye just bluffing?? There's no way he'd...

You knocked on Yoru's door. 'After what we did earlier...' What does that mean?!!? All these thoughts were flooding your brain in just one fell swoop- you could barely handle overthinking about work.. Now you have personal feelings to handle as well...

Yoru opened the door, surprised. Nonetheless, still upset, a scowl clearly placed on his face. "What?" He said in a brief annoyed way.

"What do you mean 'what'?? Are you fucking kidding me-" You asked, pushing the door wide open, almost breaking the handle against the wall. "Can you stop acting immature for once?!?" You screamed right at him. All those built up feelings coming right out your mouth.

He stepped back. A bit scared of the small angry woman right in front of him- "What- Since when was I ever immature??" He asked, very stupidly I might say.

You stared at him blankly before laughing out loud. "You've been ignoring me for hours now???" You screamed, just why... why is this so hard... It not like you don't love each other- The both of you are just so... confusing. "I-I haven't even done anything to you- Are you fucking bipolar?! I literally just- Just woke up- and poof! You were mad at me?? It's like—" You explained, stuttering a bit while struggling to remember all the words she said under pressure.

He scoffed before you finished your words. "I wouldn't have been upset with you if you didn't mutter someone else's name during your sleep!" He said, cutting you off.

"What the fuck???? So that's why you were upset?!?? You didn't even ask me about it- What if it was some random fictional character I have a crush on-" You explained, still finding him immature.

"I love you Kini" He immitated, before continuing. "Don't leave me please..." He muttered. "Yeah- totally sounds like something i'd say to a fictional character.." He crossed his arms, his eyebrows furrowing as his voice softened a little...

He wasn't gonna lie... He's not only just angry... He's also just a teeny tiny bit... jealous. Every time he envisions you with someone else... It's like he wants to spill blood.

Your eyes widen in realization... Kini... That boy..

"You dumbass..." You mumbled, scrunching your eyes while massaging your head. "Kini... Kini was my imaginary friend..."

It's been a few years since you've heard that name... It was probably when you were new around HQ back home... Guess the stress of having to be around so many new people at such a young age triggered you into making a friend to talk to... I mean- It's normal for young children to have imaginary friends at that age... 5.. 6? You can't quite remember but... after a few while, you grew up with no one ever mentioning his name ever again.

Now that you think about it... It was kinda weird. Even Viper doesn't seem to say much about him even though all that would come out of your mouth was solely related to him.

"What" He asked, a bit confused at the moment. It was as if a loading screen appeared right in the middle of his forehead.

"Yeah-" You said, it was almost laughable.. "So you were jealous of my imaginary friend.???" You asked him, your mouth hesitant to laugh.