12- A new companion

Comincia dall'inizio

"Please take care of my brother." She said getting on one knee.

"Sorry kid, I have a boyfriend." I chuckled slightly while Clemontt dragged his sister away going in about embarrassment.

I rolled my eyes. "Kids."

I walked out of the gym and headed to Dendemille town. Before the battle I'd arraigned to meet Silver and Red. I could heal my Pokemon myself when I got there since I was already an hour late... I'm gonna be in so much trouble from Silver. Oh well...

I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"For a girl who's apparently not wanted anymore, you sure do sneak around a lot."

I groaned. "Leave me alone already, Looker." I glared, looking up at him from under my hood.

"What's with the hood then?" He said suspiciously.

"Have you ever seen a guy fanboy over a girl, cause trust me it is not a pretty sight. I can tell you from personal experience." I growled. "Now excuse me, unlike some stalkers, such as yourself, I have somewhat of a life."

I pushed past him and ignored his calls after me. Stupid police, protect the people- bullshit.

I headed onto route 16 and looked around for Silver and Red. It didn't take me long to spot them under a tree, Silver looking pretty pissed off.

"Before you say anything, the battle took slightly longer then expected." I said plainly before Silver ranted in about me keeping in time and whatever other shit he wanted to. "Now if you'd excuse me." I casually left him behind looking slightly flustered but more annoyed. Oh boy...

"Get your badge?" Red asked, changing the subject.

Thank god someone knows I can handle myself.

"Yup." I shrugged. "Now let's go, this route apparently goes on forever." I strolled forward, wanting to get away from the city since I'd seen two of worst enemies in two days and both had given me threats I really didn't want to bother with right now.

~Emma, Silver doesn't look happy-!~ Faith hummed.

"Let me know when I care."

~Okie-dokie-!~

Well that was odd.

"What was odd?"

Silver dropping an argument. I had popcorn and Fanta ready.

"To bad."

I was barely aware of Silver and Red having their own conversation while I had my own with Night. Slowly the sun began to set and I suggested we make camp.

"Imma gonna get fire wood." I announced just for an excuse to be on my own for half an hour.

Before Silver could argue, I disappeared into the forest with my two Eeveelution's at my heals.

~Are you alright Emma, you've been a bit distant lately...~ Hope said as I bent down to inspect a pile of arranged fallen branches.

"I'm fine, just been... thinking a lot. I guess-- Do you here that?" I frowned.

There was what sounded like something running quickly in this direction. Hope and Trust nodded, quickly got in front of me, ready to attack if they needed to.

What burst through the bushes was probably the last thing I expected. A girl, about 7 or 8, tripped on a tree root and fell at my feet. A gash ran across her forehead and blood slowly dripped down her face. She looked up at me with a terrified expression and scrambled back a little before a Houndoom burst through the bushes she had.