29.0

• • •

A long week had passed since the day of war. A week since the Sky People lost to the Na'vi and were sent back to their planet with their heads hung low.

Jake knew the conditions of earth were deteriorating, meaning this most likely wasn't the last time they'd encounter humans. But for now, he was going to count his blessings.

Cely on the other hand was mourning. Her and her mother laid Tsu'tey to rest, letting his body and soul reconnect with Eywa. She knew she could see him again, but it would only be memories. Her heart ached for her dad.

Tsu'tey had a warriors ceremony, a special honor as he died in action. Jake led as Mo'at helped the fallen warrior pass to Eywa. Everything went smoothly.

And Neteyam grew worried for his mate. Unlike her mother, Cely had a hard time processing these raw emotions. She would shut down and retract, putting herself in isolation. But Neteyam never left her side. He vowed to be there for her and he would. He would not allow her to go down an irreversible path of self-destruction.

So Neteyam would do simple things. Bring her a flower that he and Tuk picked, make her favorite snacks, or even giving a simple massage after a tough day. He wanted to make sure the girl did not feel alone but rather supported and loved.

And Cely didn't feel alone. No matter how much she wanted to push everyone away, she was glad Neteyam saw through her and stuck by her side. She knew the lengths he was going to just to see her smile every once in awhile.

Each day she faced the clan, Cely's feelings started becoming overwhelming. There was the sadness and anger that followed her fathers death. There was the confusion and grieving as to why her father had to die. Then, there was the strongest one— guilt. Guilt for the amount of love she's received this past week that it's almost consumed her.

The Sully's were there for her in any way they could. Jake viewed Tsu'tey as a brother, so he felt her pain and aided in any way he could. And Ninat just lost her mate, the father of their child, yet she showed her daughter compassion. Through the pain, everyone was still adamant in showing Cely that she had support.

And Cely slowly started to realize that she couldn't change Eywa's fate. That she'll never know why her father was chosen to die, but she knew he died fighting for Pandora. For freedom. For her.

Grieving doesn't happen overnight, there's still the heartache when thinking about her dad. But instead of a piercing, unbearable pain, it was a longing emptiness. Just to have her dad hold her or hug her again.

• • •

On the particular day, Neteyam wanted to amp up his gesture for his mate. It had been awhile since they'd had some intimate, alone time. He missed their swims in the Cove and going for a fly through the mountains.

Anything just the two of them was memorable, but he wanted to do something special. Cely had been through a lot recently and he figured she could use a break from everything going on.

He had told her to meet him by the Cove, letting the girl think maybe they'd go for a swim. Neteyam had left a few hours earlier to get everything set up, wanting the scenery to be perfect.

Cely didn't think much of Neteyam's request to meet at their Cove. They hadn't visited in awhile and figured he asked so they could swim together again. To be honest, she was excited. This was exactly the time of break she needed and it was with the one person she wanted to be with.