3.0

• • •

"It's just up ahead." Cely spoke as she continued running through the forest, Neteyam in hand.

When they reached the destination, the two admired the beauty that laid before them. "This is the Cove I visit, usually alone. Come," she continued holding his hand as they walked closer to the pod of water.

Cely finally let go of the boys hand, both feeling a sudden emptiness from it, as she began descending into the water. She coyly smiled at Neteyam, feeling shy as she realized how alone the two were.

And that's all Neteyam had been thinking, this is the most they've been alone in weeks and it's very secluded. He hopes his feelings for her won't embarrass himself right now.

"Join me, 'Teyam. The waters lovely." Cely knew of the effect she had on the Sully boy, and she had feelings for him too, but she loved teasing him.

Neteyam gulped and nodded, "Uh, the waters not cold or anything, is it?" She shook her head no. He slowly walked in the water with the girl, now both just a mere few feet away from another.

They locked eyes for a moment, enjoying the company, before Cely's face grew a wide smile. Before Neteyam could think anything of it, a giant wave splash came crashing down on him. "Hey! That's not fair, I wasn't ready."

"Yeah? What are you going to do about it, oh Mighty Warrior?" She toyed, her words causing a light blush to creep up on the boys blue features. "Fine, but you asked for it." He splashes the girl back, a water battle ensuing between them.

After awhile, they grew tired of swimming and laid on a patch of grass under the stars. Talking about Neteyam's training for future Olo'ektan that he's enduring the past couple weeks.

"You really had to do that? But why?" Cely had a hard time understanding his new duties. She didn't want to admit it, but his new training has really put a damper on their quality time and she didn't like it.

The Sully boy nodded. "Yes. It is now my duty, as future leader to do the work no one else wants. My dad wants to make sure that I'm ready when the time comes."

Cely shook her head in disbelief. "But you are still young, 'Teyam. Why must you do such troubling tasks now? I'm sure your father will hold the title for a long time."

"I know. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the responsibility as the eldest child." He sighed.

Cely could hear the despair in his voice. She knew deep down he wanted nothing more than to tag along with the other kids antics, but instead he was chosen to train with his father.

Instead of responding, Cely reached for Neteyam's hand and laced their fingers together. She laid her head on his shoulder, an act of comfort. But this meant so much more to the boy.

To him, he knew she was the one. He would wait a thousand cycles for her, protecting and caring for her.

But for now, he just held onto her delicate hand and embraced her touch. This was his peace.

• • •