21.0

• • •

Early morning came and Neteyam had been searching for Cely everywhere. He wanted to properly say goodbye before leaving or maybe even ask her to come with his family.

But as the time neared to leave, he grew more worried. Would she really blow him off and not see him? The only thing left was announcing a new Olo'ektan and declaring Jake Sully, Toruk Makto, dead.

"Little bro, have you seen Cely?" Neteyam asked Lo'ak, who was sulking by his Ikran. He shook his head, not caring about anything right now.

The clan started gathering to watch the ceremony of transferring the Olo'ektan. The Sully's stood at the front, behind Jake where he stood across Tsu'tey, the next leader.

Just as it was about to begin, a dark shadow was cast over area. The people started screaming and scurrying away, knowing what monster was behind the mysterious shadow.

Jake and Neytiri stared at the sky with mouths agape, not believing their eyes. If it was true, this would be the seventh time since the beginning of songs. The sixth happening to Jake Sully.

"It can't be," Jake whispered to his mate, who could only watch the scene unfold.

Soon enough, the shadow had landed with a forceful yet graceful entrance. It indeed was Toruk, but it's markings slightly different to the previous. It held more black stripes than red, creating an even more ominous look.

It's wings flapped profusely, the dust taking a long minute to settle. Once it did, the entire clan could clearly see it had a rider. A rider of the last shadow— Toruk Makto.

Cely climbed off the now tamed beast, pulling out her queue. She pet her hand along it's neck and head, feeling the strength of the beast.

After making her entrance, the girl walked through the parting crowd. Her head held high, displaying dominance and power. Around her, she could hear murmurs about the arrival, "It's Toruk Makto!" The people were bewildered as they held their hands out to the girl, showing their respect.

Cely made it to the front, now standing before her father, the Sully's, Mo'at and the previous Toruk Makto.

"Impossible..." Mo'at couldn't believe she'd been here for the introduction of not one, but two Toruk Makto's. But she understood Eywa's will loud and clear.

Neteyam made his way to her, the eye contact burning through her skull. His shock still hasn't worn off, even as he stood face to face with the girl and saw the beast showing off its size behind her.

"I see you," Neteyam spoke, showing his respect and profound love in front of the clan. He laid an arm out, his hand grabbing her forearm.

She smirked back, "I see you." She held his arm firmly as well in return.

After their moment, Cely turned back to the others and spoke with a new confidence. "Jake Sully," he immediately stepped forward, closer to the girl, "You are Olo'ektan. And you're a great warrior. We need to fight, to protect the people. And I can't do it without you."

Then she turned to Neytiri, "Or you."

Neytiri and Jake now stood side by side, taking in what's being asked of them.

"Toruk Makto," Jake said loud enough for the people to hear. Placing a hand on Cely's shoulder, he continued, "I will ride with you."

The clan began cheering as the two Toruk Makto's made a deal to fight together.

Neytiri pulled Cely in for a hug, still baffled on how any of this happened. "How?"

"Eywa gave me a vision, Neytiri. We couldn't let you leave your home." Cely replied, feeling the woman's tears on her shoulder. She knew how much it meant to stay in the forest and now it was happening.

"I think someone would like to speak with you." Neytiri nodded towards her eldest son who looked star struck. She smiled and let go, walking towards the boy.

"Ma 'Teyam."

He gulped. "I can't believe... how did you?"

"I couldn't let you leave your home. And I couldn't let mine leave me." She smiled sadly.

Neteyam took another step, now almost chest to chest with Cely. He placed a hand on her chin, tilting her head upwards. He glanced down to her lips as he placed his other hand on her hip. Then her kissed her, just soft enough to leave each other wanting more.

"You have no idea how hot that was, by the way." He whispered, thinking back to her entrance. She giggled thinking about his reaction. "Yeah? Well maybe you can remind me later." She flirted back.

They were interrupted by a clearing of the throat, realizing both of their fathers were watching. Jake had an eyebrow raised while Tsu'tey smiled at his daughter.

"Dad! I-I-" Neteyam immediately beginning to think of an excuse.

Jake merely chuckled, "Relax kid, you're not in trouble. But since we're now staying, thanks to Cely, we do need to start planning." He looked to both kids as he spoke the last of his sentence.

"Of course, right away." Cely nodded and the two fathers walked off.

Turning back to Neteyam, she outright laughed.
"Okay, seriously? That was funny to you?"

Instead of replying, she used her hands to bring his head down to hers. "Kiss me again, handsome."

• • •

a/n

WHAT DO WE THINK!?! is this a good or bad move 🫢 I'm kinda happy w it and the upcoming chapters eeeek!!!

vote & comment loves!