11.0

• • •

Cely fluttered her eyes open, attempting to stretch her tired limbs. But there was an arm blocking her, more specifically, Neteyam's arm.

Memories of last nights events flooded through her mind, causing a blush to tint her face. She turned to look at Neteyam's sleeping face, taking in how serene his features were.

"Good morning, beautiful." The boy finally spoke, having felt a pair of eyes on him. Cely kissed his nose, whispering, "Good morning, love."

Neteyam hadn't felt so happy in a long time. All his life, he's been told what to do. Following in his fathers footsteps was exciting, but draining. He didn't have time to be himself anymore, always doing duties meant for a future leader. He didn't want to complain, he appreciates the work and wants to lead, but he also wishes he had more time and freedom to be a kid.

Here with Cely, he felt like himself again. He didn't have to worry about disappointing his father or cleaning up his siblings' mess. He could just be him, the free-spirited and ambitious kid who longed to explore. And now, he had the girl of his dreams by his side.

Cely noticed Neteyam in thought. "What are you thinking about?" She asked, bringing a hand to cup his face. She wanted to comfort him and be his shoulder to lean on.

She never thought of herself as someone's mate before. Always the tough, independent warrior her father raised her to be, she never even considered the idea of being someone's wife one day. But now, Cely couldn't shake the feeling to fully commit herself to the Sully boy.

Looking back to the day Lo'ak, Spider and Tuk snuck up on her and Neteyam at the Cove, she reflected on her behavior. Never had she felt the need to protect and defend so fiercely before, but when she did it felt right.

And that was a crazy thought. Usually a bond that intense is unlocked by Tsaheylu.

Neteyam only has one thing on his mind now, and the thought had been there for awhile. Waiting for the right time, he finally felt this was it right now. "I want you to be my mate." He blurted.

Cely blinked a few times as she took in his words. She technically was betrothed to Taku, but knew where her heart truly laid.

Nodding, Cely spoke, "Okay. I want to you to be mine, too."

"Really?" Neteyam couldn't help but be a little shocked even after last nights activities. Cely bit her lip as she held back a fit of laughter from his surprise. "Of course, Ma 'Teyam. I agree we should mate before Eywa and make it official."

"Right," he broke out in a larger smile and took her hands in his, "Well when should we do it?" Pressing a kiss to her fingers.

"How about tonight? After eclipse we can sneak out again." Cely suggested, still basking in the love radiating off of each other.

"Sounds perfect, tìyawn. Let's—" Neteyam started to reply, then a bright light caught his eye.

A new star in the sky.

It could only mean one thing— the Sky People have returned.

• • •

a/n

shorter chapter! yes, the humans (and quaritch 😬) come back, but the plot will still be different from atwow. hope everyone is enjoying reading!!!

please don't forget to show support by voting & commenting :) it means a lot and helps motivate me to write chapters.

btw, I'm hoping to get another chapter out tonight, but we'll see. ;)