14.0

• • •

Cely was flying next to her father, Tsu'tey, towards the oil rig they would be raiding. There were the ground forces riding Pa'li that would attack first, following the first sky team to fight off reinforcements, then the backup sky team to scout.

That was Cely and Neteyam's job, the backup sky team. The scouters.

Once Tsu'tey got orders from Jake to raid the weapons held at the site, he looked to her, "Be strong, daughter." And with that, he went to the ground and she began scouting.

Eveything was fine for a few minutes, then an enemy skyship came into view. "Devil Dog, this is Night Hawk, I've got sights on the enemy airship." Cely shouted into the radio piece, knowing the message would be relayed to all the right people.

She heard Jake reply, "Copy that, Night Hawk. Everyone move now!"

Cely commanded her Ikran, Tìyo, up into the sky. If she got higher than the enemy ship, she could fight from above undetected.

Above the clouds, she stalked the ship waiting for the right moment. After it's first fire to the ground team, she flew down.

A war cry erupted from her, drawing back her bowstring. Then she fired several arrows into the ship, killing several people who hadn't even noticed her yet.

She flew to the front, aiming for the pilot when she felt a pain in her thigh. Glancing down quickly, she noticed a bullet had grazed her. But she couldn't be worried about that yet. Turning around to face the culprit, she saw it was an Avatar.

The only Avatar's she'd seen were the few that stayed after the first war, but they were good guys. This guy was definitely bad. He was bald and wore dark sunglasses, aiming his gun back at her again.

She narrowed her eyes at him as she flew up once more, hearing his gun shooting after her. Now she was hidden in the clouds again, but her leg was losing quite a bit of blood. She needed to act quickly.

As she began darting down again, two Ikran's joined her in the sky. Neytiri and Neteyam. The former began shooting down the airship for good.

Cely pressed her radio and shouted at the boy, "Get out of here! I've got this!"

He shook his head. "You're hurt, we need to get back."

Cely was about to argue back when she felt herself too dizzy to do so. With everything left in her, she ordered Tìyo to return back to camp.

"Stay with me, Cely. Keep your eyes open!" She could hear Neteyam but his voice was fading out. But she couldn't stay awake the entire trip back. She blacked out from the ongoing blood loss.

Arriving back at camp, Neteyam landed his Ikran next to Cely's. She was slumped over still unconscious, so he lifted her bridal style and ran into the Healers tent.

"Help! We need some help!" Neteyam spoke with urgency, noticing his grandmother and Kiri already here.

"Put her here," his grandmother motioned towards an empty cot, "what happened?"

"S-she was shot!" Was all he said as he watched the Healers begin to work.

Kiri walked to her brother, "I think you should wait outside."

"No I should—" He began to argue but Kiri was already pushing him outside. Defeated, he sat next to the entrance of the tent. He would be there the minute she was awake and okay.

"Bro, what's going on?" Lo'ak asked his shaken up brother, noticing the shift in the atmosphere.

Neteyam closed his eyes. "Cely was hurt. She lost a lot of blood." He would never forgive himself if something ever happened to her. It was his job to protect her and if he couldn't do that, what does that make him?

Lo'ak grimaced, sitting next to the older boy. "She's gonna be fine, you know that right?" He attempted to comfort him with words.

"You don't know that. She could be dead because of me." He muttered, feeling like he screwed up.

Lo'ak scrunched his brows, "You can't control what happens out there, bro. It's not your fault."

"But she's my... never mind."

"She's your mate?" Lo'ak was speechless.

Neteyam shook his head. "No. I mean, not yet. But she's still my girl and I wasn't there for her."

Lo'ak started to understand. "Well like I said, she's not one to give up a fight. She'll be fine and you two will be back to flirting in no time."

Finally the older brother cracked a small smile. The younger took this as his queue to leave and let him wait in peace. But as he got up, he asked, "Have you seen dad?"

• • •

a/n

fight scenes are 😬 to write. hopefully I did ok???

vote & comment :)