15.0

• • •

Jake Sully and Tsu'tey finally arrived after another hour after everyone else had returned. This was because they'd taken it upon themselves to bring back all of the fallen warriors themselves.

Neytiri saw her husband and ran to him, "Ma Jake!" She wrapped her arms around him, him returning the action. They rested their foreheads against one another for a moment, happy to see each other.

The rest of the Sully kids embraced their father as well. Tuk demanded to be picked up and Kiri hugged Jake's side. After putting them down, he noticed his two sons. Beckoning them to over, he embraced them fully.

Fighting today made him remember to not take anything for granted, especially his family.

They all chatted for a few minutes before Tsu'tey walked back to Jake. "Do you know where Cely is?"

Jake had no idea, so he turned to his two sons. "Do you boys know?"

Neteyam spoke up sadly, "Yes sir, she's with grandmother. She was shot."

Tsu'tey didn't wait a moment longer before taking off to the Healers tent. When he got there, Cely started to wake up.

"My daughter," he said approaching the still dazed girl, "how do you feel?"

Cely could only hum a reply, still feeling the effects of the medicine she was given.

"She will be okay, but she needs to rest for another day before walking around." Mo'at spoke to Tsu'tey, noticing his concerned demeanor. He nodded.

"You do not have to reply, but I must get this off my chest," he held her hand as he felt a tear fall down his cheek. Only a few minutes ago he thought he lost her, "I am very proud of you. You showed true excellence and honor today."

"I see you, daughter." Tsu'tey spoke up again, needing her to hear this.

Now Cely felt more tears, to which her father quickly wiped them for her. She was finally seen by him.

Tsu'tey heard someone else enter the tent, turning around it was Neteyam. He faced his daughter once more, "I'll leave you two be."

Neteyam watched the girls father leave before going to her side. "Hi, my tìyawn," She smiled back, "you scared me today." He painfully admitted.

Cely gave a sorrowful look.

Neteyam brushed down a few stray braids then left his hand on her cheek. He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead, wanting to be careful.

She felt his love from the single kiss. He stayed by her side for several hours, even when she slept. Then after he fell asleep for some time, he was woken up by his father.

"You need to eat, son. I'll stay with her while you're gone." Jake held a hand on his sons shoulder, showing his support. Neteyam nodded, glancing back at Cely once more before going to eat.

The next morning, Cely woke up and no longer felt drowsy. She stretched, forgetting about her wound for a moment and winced. Alright, it was still sore.

"Hey, take it easy Cely. You're still healing." Kiri noticed the girl awake and moving from across the tent.

"I'm fine. I just need to get up." Cely replied. Kiri tried to lend a hand but the girl was determined to do it alone.

So, she took her time getting up and walking outside. She saw the clan eating breakfast, going about their morning. She slowly walked towards her family tent, wanting to get changed.

Finally wiping off the paint and changing out of yesterdays attire, she was already feeling lighter. Still, her leg was pretty tender.

Anyway, she was starving and decided to go to breakfast. Looking for the Sully's, she sat in between Lo'ak and Neteyam after grabbing her food.

"Cely!" They both looked surprised to see her here already. "Shouldn't you be resting?" Lo'ak asked.

Neteyam helped Cely get comfortable, leaving his hand on her thigh.

"Well I feel better, but I'm more starving than anything." She admitted, making Tuk and Kiri laugh.

Tuk spoke up from sitting on the opposite end of Cely. "Neteyam cried like a baby when you were sleeping, Cely."

Neteyam nearly spit out his food. What the hell Tuk? "Um, that's actually not true." He tried to redeem himself.

Cely raised her brows, "Oh, so you weren't worried about me?" She kept the playfulness going.

"That's not what I— you know I— ugh, forget it." He covered his face in embarrassment, cheeks tinting with blush.

Cely placed a hand on top of Neteyams that rested on her thigh, silently comforting him in return.

"Dad said you took down a ton of Sky People, that's insane cuz." Lo'ak brought up the fight from the day before, remembering his fathers words when he explained yesterday.

Cely felt pride swell inside her, knowing she helped accomplish the mission. "Yeah, I guess I did."

"Maybe next time, try not to get shot though?" Kiri teased, Cely rolling her eyes at the remark.

Breakfast went on like normal, everyone chatting and laughing like they usually do.

This was how Cely knew that they'd be okay. No matter how tough things got, she'd have a support system to fall back on.

• • •