6.0

• • •

The next morning, Tsu'tey met with Jake Sully. He expressed worry for his daughter in thinking that she's losing her warrior self.

Little did they know, the Sully kids and Cely were just outside the tent listening.

"She has lost her way, Brother. Many excuses and not enough progress. I seek guidance from you, as you have raised a promising warrior." Tsu'tey speaks to Jake Sully.

Cely looks down, hiding her face from her friends. Neteyam knew she was being treated poorly and he wasn't sure why she was being called out, especially from her own father.

"Tsu'tey, you know I trust you. You are my Brother. But perhaps you are thinking irrationally. I see a great warrior within her, she shows just as much promise as my Neteyam." Jake Sully responds, causing Cely to look back up. Her eyes are perked and her heart is beating a little faster. The Olo'ektan believes in her?

"This is boring, can we go explore now?" Tuk whines, to which the group shushes her. She pouts and runs off, most likely to her mother. Lo'ak rolls his eyes. "She wasn't wrong. No offense, Cely, but you shouldn't stress about this. Let's go track something."

As much as Cely wants to explore, she turns him down. "Another time, Lo." She sighs and walks away, not wanting to hear another word from her father.

She begins making her way to the Cove again, when she hears him. "Wait up!"

Cely turns around with small smile. "Hi, 'Teyam." He prayed to Eywa for restraint not to kiss her right then and there. He loved the nickname she had for him.

He smiles back, "Want company?" She presses her lips, pretending to think about it. "I suppose. I'm headed to the Cove."

They walk in silence for a few minutes, her thoughts beginning to overwhelm her mind. Then, she felt Neteyam grab her hand and hold it. Like a life raft when her mind was drowning.

She looked up at him, a real smile taking over. His heart beamed with success, wanting to see her smile for the rest of his life.

Once at the Cove, they sat with just their legs in the water. The day was early so Cely had no rush to swim.

"Wouldn't it be nice to run off somewhere and not have to worry about your duties?" Cely asked.

Neteyam pinched his brows in confusion. "Sure but... wouldn't you miss it here?"

"I'd miss a few things. Just not the pressure, you know. Of course you know, I forgot who I was talking to." She lightly chuckled. If anyone knew her struggles, it was him.

"I do know. But the people make it worth it. Some more than others." He spoke lowly, his accent really peaking through. His eyes haven't left Cely and she felt it, as she finally turned to face him.

She raised an eyebrow, "Who?" Without breaking eye contact Neteyam whispered back, "You."

• • •

a/n

shorter chapter again. ah sorry. finally picking up the pace though! I don't want to rush them though :)