2.0

• • •

Cely and Neteyam were both now 18 years old, technically adults but still children at heart. With her mischievous behavior, she tended to hangout with Lo'ak just to see what trouble they could get into. But Neteyam, being the future Olo'ektan, couldn't afford to be that irresponsible anymore.

Neteyam had just finished a flight with his parents when he noticed Cely, Lo'ak, Kiri, Spider and Tuk sneaking off behind the Village. He grew intrigued, especially knowing Cely isn't keen on the human boy, so he followed after the group.

"Tuk, you'd better not tell mom where we're going." Lo'ak make a pointed look at his youngest sister.

The comment made Spider laugh, but Kiri stuck up for the girl. "Be nice, Lo'ak." She groaned, clearly having had this conversation too many times.

Cely was too engrossed in the beautiful land and life around her. She liked to put on a tough front because that's what her father expected of her, but she felt at peace in the forest.

Spider noticed Cely in her own world, then nudged Lo'ak, "Bro, what's up with her today?" The taller boy just shrugged, "Don't know, Cuz. But I think that old wreck is just up ahead." The two began picking up their pace.

Kiri and Tuk sped up as well to keep up with the boys, leaving Cely behind still entranced with Pandora.

She closed her eyes and felt the plants that were within arms reach. That's when she heard the snap. Chuckling to herself, she knew it was Neteyam. He was the worst at sneaking around.

"Come out, 'Teyam. You are louder than a herd of 'angtsìk." She turned to see the boy surrender as he walks out from behind a large tree. She smirked to herself as she felt proud for catching him.

Rolling his eyes at being caught, he asked, "Why are you alone? Where's everyone else?" Neteyam suddenly got an unknown feeling at the sight of his friend walking through the forest by herself. She shrugged. "They went up ahead to the wreck. I needed time alone."

Neteyam suddenly felt bad for intruding on her space. "Oh, I see. I'll go-"

She shook her head and grabbed his hand, "No, it's ok, come with me." Taking them slightly off the path of the rest of the group, he trusted her and followed wherever she pulled him.

• • •