"It looks like it'll take time for the Alpha's leg to heal. I cannot say that it will not leave any permanent damage as we will need to take into account your healing ability and the severity of the injury. As you know Alpha that your bone was crushed and we had to perform surgery. We tried our best, but for now, we will have to wait and see." Dorothy explained and gave them a sad smile. No one spoke for a while as they were taking in the news. 

"I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm just saying we should be prepared. The bone is not broken anymore, but it's not fully healed. I will give you painkillers for when the pain is intense, and I'm afraid for the time being you'll have to use this." An assistant brought in a forearm crutch with made Ivan's face scrunch up in annoyance as he looked at the object. Karter saw his mate's uneasiness and grew worried. 

"Vania, it's okay. I will help you through it and it's only for a little while. Right, Dorothy?" Karter pleaded with his mate who going through a dilemma by the look on his face. Dorothy came to his aid and nodded her head.

 Dorothy came to his aid and nodded her head

"Yes, Alpha. This is only until you stop feeling pain, which should be soon because of your amazing healing ability." She added in hope. Ivan finally sighed and nodded his head in acceptance. He stood up and the assistant helped him into the crutch. It felt foreign, and he felt dependent on it, which was not going well with his Alpha pride. But he sucked it up for his mate who was already worried for his well-being. Ivan kissed the top of Karter's head who was hugging his side and gave him a comforting yet a 'save me' smile. Karter giggled and gave him a peck. Ivan leaned on him and started walking outside of the hospital. The Alpha kissed the top of Karter's head who was hugging his side. He leaned on him and started walking outside the hospital.

As they were walking, the people came to greet and congratulate them. They were all overjoyed at their Alpha's fast recovery and they made sure to let him know how proud they were of him. Ivan was glad that he could meet his pack members after so long and they looked happy, which in turn made him happy and satisfied that his Beta has been working hard. Karter led his mate to their mansion and grew excited. Ivan was confused about why his mate was feeling that way all of a sudden but soon found out the reason when they opened the door and a bunch of over-excited, happy faces shouted at them. 

"Welcome home, Alpha!! We missed you!" Ivan let out a small gasp (a manly one), with his eyes wide open when he looked at the scene. The mansion was decorated with balloons, ribbons, and confetti of soft colors like pink, yellow, white, and blue. A big sign of 'Ivy has risen!' plastered on the wall was staring right at him in mockery. He sighed, that was definitely the work of his Beta. His parents, in-laws, Alex, Killian, and Sofia were all wearing big party hats with his goofy face on them, they were smiling ear to ear, genuinely happy to welcome him. Karter smiled up at him and nudged him to walk in when he just stood there gaping staring at his family in surprise. After exchanging the greeting and tight hugs, well some tears were in the works too, Ivan sat down on his 'throne' of a big chair doused in pink decorations. It was common knowledge that he despised that color on him, but he wore it for his mate after some (a lot) begging.