26

Marcia Pov

Brad parked in a secluded area surrounded by green foliage.

We couldn't wait I unzip my jeans and pulled them down enough to sink on top of him, he fucked me from behind we took from each other.

My phone rang we got a lead and we were on the road again.

"stay with me I'll let uncle cam-"

I snapped my head to Brad as he mentioned uncle.

"what? Why you looking at me like that? Oh you didn't know"

He shakes his head chuckling to himself.

"No because cam said friend of his will be picking me up not nephew like how old are you?"

"old enough to drive"

"bloody hell I've been fucking my bosses nephew"

I wince looking out the window a loud laughter that came out of brads mouth shocked me.

"Don't think of it like that because Im older then you Mac"

We arrived at a truck stop and questioned the manager that called in he said a guy with the same appearance walked in last night filled his truck brought food and left in a blue station wagon gave us plate numbers and a direction I sent an email to Clive to look into the plates.

We jump back into brad's truck.

"where to follow the lead or wait for confirmation if it's him?" I hear his keys jingle as the truck starts.

"follow the lead"

The drive took us two hours from new york along the east coast the scenery was hidden childhood memories that hit me, where I learnt to swim, surf, wake board, kitesurfing started here there were so much to do as a kid.

We drove pass my old home that has been well maintained the flowers around the fencing vibrant and strong the green grass freshly mowed there's fresh coat of white paint on the two story home brad drives pass looking for the blue station wagon that has been radio in driving in this area it's like he drove in smoke no one saw the shop cctv didn't pick up his vehicle or atm or traffic cameras.

"Mac let's go back to mine for a little rest and continue with a fresher eyes"

"ok"

He has been really supportive it's a wonder why he's single

"it's what we do for friends mac and I'd like us to be good friends"

"I'm happy with that but where do you stay if you don't mind me asking is it far from my hotel?"

He grabs my hand and places it on his thigh.

"about that I called uncle to cancel the booking as we were on the road and thought we weren't going to return but it's fine you can stay with me if you like?"

His hand tightens slightly.

"that's very thoughtful of you"

He raises our hands and kisses the back of mine.

"but only for tonight I have family members to visit and I don't know how long this will take and where I go I won't have to worry about if your ok tired-"

"Mac just say you don't need my help?"

I shift to look at him with the traffic light giving me a view of his face.

"I do want your help it's I don't want to burden you brad"

We drove back to his place it was to dark as we walk through the back fence he opens his back door flocks on the lights and it's like I was taken through a time portal of military personnel it was overwhelming. My eyes land on a red white and blue Neo nazi flag.

Brad is talking but my eyes scan the walls of photos from what looks like the late eighteen hundred pictures of men in their uniform. His living area gave me bachelor pad vibes he gives me a tour of his four bedroom home that has been in his family for decades. There are two cousins of his that live here but gone on a trip.

We settle and have dinner watching TV he was so ingross with what was on I heard music and people yelling because the window beside me was cracked open a little the BBQ spare ribs on the grill aroma reached my nose and the pizza I was eating wasn't appetising anymore.

There was a loud whistle and another and another with a boom, bang, bang it light up the house and neighbourhood.

"fucken dirty Mongrel"

Brad mutters as he stood up stomping somewhere as I look out the window the family next door are having a party reminds me of jojo and jays parties.

"they best fucken run"

I snapped my head at brad with his cap on rifle in his arm walking to the front door I leaped over the TV table, grabbing brad shirt he was shaking in anger.

"mac let go I'm sick of their parties and empty glass bottles always shredding my tyres let go mac"

"have you ever gone over and talked to them?" he looks over his shoulder narrowing his eyes at me.

"yesss now let go" he sneers.

I do and let him leave I went to the spare room and packed my toiletries, laptop I repacked my duffle bag put my timberland boots on and walked out of the room and waited for brad to return.

I'm sitting in the kitchen not long after I cleaned my mess and made a booking for transport and booked a room.

His heavy footsteps were getting closer as the air changes I don't move from my seat he walks away and comes back sits next to me and sighs.

"they just moved in and every night they have parties I'm tired and frustrated not at you but just don't leave"

The tension you could feel in the air when he walked in and sat down was intense. So I lied.

"I got a call from clive-"

He cuts me off still feeling upset.

"whose Clive is he your-"

My phone pings to notify my ride is here brad snatches my phone from the counter.

"does he know I fucked you hours ago?"

My hands were on the counter I swung my hand connected to his face the sting was hot and painful he dropped my phone and we both stood up abruptly.

The look I was giving him was murderous his was full of anger and disbelief.

"how dare you assume I am unfaithful I have been nothing but loyal and understanding person to a point brad you"

He went to take a step forward I kept my ground.

"you had no right to accuse me of all people"

I quickly grab my phone and luggage my brain was in flight mode to get away from the situation.

"Mac I'm sorry please don't go"

I slammed his front door and jumped in the car with the luggage in the back seat I looked out the window and brad was standing at his front door with his phone in his hand.

I called cam.

"Mac you okay?" cams hoarse voice made me realise I'm not in sydney.

"I'm sorry cam I"

"hey what's the matter where are you?"

I took a deep breath and explain what happened afraid I won't have a job after this.

"cam I'm sorry"

I heard him exhale deeply.

"little shit not you bradley you just get some rest and let me handle him ok?"

"I'm sorry for calling you this late but thank you cam"

We said our goodbyes and when I went to hang up brad's name popped up on my screen I decline, I just want to sleep and find levi.