Chapter 23

"Sweetie, are you ready?"

"Still not done," I said while texting Gwin and Raign if nandito na sila. The make-up artist that my mom hired was still doing stuff on my face since I sat on this chair. We spent our night here sa hotel na 'to kasi dito nagpa-reserve ng  place si mommy. Gusto ko pa sana maligo sa pool nila kaya lang ano oras na ako nagising dahil some of our relatives from us video called us and greeted me a happy birthday.

"Oh my, you look so pretty, sweetie," my mom approach me and took a few pictures of me. Of course I tried to cover myself so she stopped. "Marami ka ng bisita," Tumango lang ako. "Also they give their gifts in instant."

I nodded. "Say I said thank you, mom."

She smiles. "I already did," she replied and I nodded.

"Okay, tapos na po," sabi ng make-up artist kaya naman napatayo na ako. Gosh, my butt!

"Oh sweetie, I can't believe you're adult now," she cover her mouth.

"Adult teenager," I said while chuckling. "I'm still teenager, mom."

"Still! You're 18! Parang kahapon lang ay nasa sipupunan pa kita!" She said while trying her tears not fall. I just shook my head with a smile on my face before I comfort her that I told her that I'm still here little daughter. I understand her why she acts this way, nag-iisa lang akong anak nila ni dad and 18 means I'm not minor anymore, I can legally do whatever I want, pwede na nga ako makulong and I can move out and live alone if I want to.

Nung matapos na mag emote si mom about me getting older ay pina-retouch ko muna siya sa make-up artist. She asked me to stay calm at the intrance while the door is close. The organizer was with me. I don't know but I'm feeling nervous right now... Baka siguro dahil alam kong nandito siya ngayon. Inside this door, he was sitting there, waiting to see me. I bit my lower lip. Talagang ang lakas ng tama ng lalaking 'yon sa 'kin.

"The door will be open at 20 seconds, ma'am," sabi ng organizer at tumango lang ako. I was counting on my head and exactly at 20 seconds the door opened.

"Let's welcome, the birthday celebrant!" The MC said.

The audience clapped as I walk towards the stage. Nung umakyat ako sa stage ay umupo ako dun sa malaking upuan. The MC was announcing something and but my eyes and mind was on the other else. I was searching for his familiar existence but... I couldn't see him anywhere.

He was nowhere to be seen.

Ito na naman tayo, Maiana Gabrielle. Umasa na naman tayo.

I just shook my head and tried to focus on my big day. I shouldn't be sad just because I couldn't see him, baka busy lang talaga siya or may emergency.

***

All of my closest people started to give me speech and hand me their gifts afterwards.

"Sis, 18 ka na? Wow, sa mukha mo 'yan? Baby face ka pa, antea," Raing laughs evily and I rolled my eyes at her. "My wish of you is I hope you're going living the life that you deserve."

She approach me and hugged me after he handed me her gifts. Siyempre hindi ko pinalagpas ang pagkakataon na 'yon para batukan siya, she just glared at me and signed me that she was watching me. I laughs and shook my head.

"Happy birthday, live, love, and vibe," Gwin simply said and handed me her gift. "My letter is in there. Ayaw ko basahin sa maraming tao, baka umiyak ako. Happy birthday, love you."

I smiles. "Thank you also for siding on my side kahit alam nating may point talaga minsan ang sinasabi ni Raign."

She laughs. "Don't worry about it," she tapped my shoulder. "I didn't see them around."