Chapter 16

"No more thesis na si antie! Pwede na natin siya kulitin!"

Tumawa ako sa reaksyon ni Raign. She was jumping like an kangaroo because tapos na 'yong thesis. It was blood, sweat and tears for hell's sake! Good thing that kahit papaano nag cooperate din yung mga classmates ko and answered the questions properly nung nagdedefense. Katakot! Pero katakot pa rin si Daddy tho.

Shocks. This past few days, he's been hardheaded as hell because of work purposes but good thing I started to do well at school again kaya wala siya masabi sa 'kin. I take all Yahwi's advice from here to there and I proudly to say, I'm started to healing. Not alone anymore, but with my mom now. She's always been there for me now and she's been extra nice too and so I also return the kindness she shown to me because she also deserve that love and care after all the mistreated dad did to her, to us.

Isang taon. Nakakahinayang ang mga panahon na 'yon dahil wala pa rin akong balita about him. It's been a year. I've been living my life that I wished for my whole existence here on earth yet... There's still missing.

And that's him. His existence. I miss his existence. I still miss him being around. Marupok na kung marupok pero miss ko talaga siya, walang magagawa ang mundo dahil miss ko na siya kaya I miss you very much, balik ka na sa 'kin. Uwu. Charot.

"Sasali ka din ba sa chess competition?" Raign suddenly asked me kaya napabalik ako sa reyalidad.

Napapikit ako saglit at uminom ng tubig para huminto na kaka-isip.

"I guess. Not sure if may space pa 'yong sched ko next month," I replied.

"Sana all may schedule, when mo kaya ako isingit sa schedule mo kasi I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, babe," Raign winked at me and I gagged jokingly. "You're so bad."

"That's 0/10, Raign. My dog can do better pick up line than you," Gwin grinned.

"Are you talking about yourself? Should I applause for you?"

"Stop! Sniper no sniping," sabi ko sa kanila.

"You guys are so childish," I heard Jil said when she walk pass to us.

"Those dogs keep barking like they thought they're bulldog or something. Little did they know, they're Chihuahua," Raign rolled her eyes.

Tumawa ako. "Back to the topic, sasali ka rin ba sa chess?" I ask her.

She smile. "Of course!" She said. "Not," she added.

"Then why the heck are you doing on a chess club?" Gwin scoffed.

"Naligaw nga yung application ko. Dapat sa arts club ako! Hindi sa chess, kaloka naman auntie!" She frustratedly said. "But it's fine kasi nakilala ko naman ka 'yo dahil dun. Bonus, we're also classmates until now."

We talked about chess for so long that we didn't realized the time we consumed. Plus Hindi rin nagtalo yong traffic. The traffic didn't let up either and we were stuck there for almost an hour so I got home even late.

"Ginabi ka ata," mom said when I came to her to kiss her cheek. "How's the thesis goes?"

I smile. "Of course, it did well. I'm Maiana Gabrielle Hermé after all," I said like I'm full of myself, jokingly.

She chuckled and ruffles my hair. Umakyat na ako sa kwarto ko pagkatapos at nag-aral na naman kasi tapos na yung thesis, means, back to reality na ako. Nagpahinga na ako afterwards.

"Kinakabahan ako," Gwin said when we're on our way papuntang district competition. Napatigil ako sa pag-text kay mom sa biglang pagsabi ni Gwin.

"Don't be."