Chapter 15

"Goodmorning!"

I flinched when someone held my arm.

"Goodmorning?" I replied to Raign.

"What's with the long face? Ang aga aga, Gabby!" Hinampas niya ako sa braso kaya napairap ako. Tumawa lang siya at chinika ako habang naglalakad kami papunta sa registral. She was talking something interesting pero yung isip ko parin ay nasa araw pa rin na 'yon. Yahwi's voice keep haunting me and it's making me feel bad. Pag nakita ko siya mamaya, magsosorry talaga ako, I felt bad.

We started to fill up some applications para ma enroll kami and after that nag separate na kami ng way. I already texted Yahwi an simple hi and asked if he already enrolled nung hinihintay ko pa yung service ko pero nakatapos na ako kumain sa fav restaurant ni mommy ay wala pa ring response and that thing bothered me. I started to overthink stuff like does he already hate me? He don't want me there around anymore? I mean it makes sense because I always pushing him around because of my academic validation obsession stuff and I hate. I just hate it.

I just don't wish it was really true because I'm used to have around. I just wish I don't lost him.

***

"You're home, sweetie!"

"Hi, Mom," lumapit ako kay Mommy at nagbeso. She gesture me to come sa kitchen kaya pumunta naman ako dun. "What are we doing here?"

"We're baking! This is your favorite hobby, hindi ba?" She smiles.

Parang may kiliti sa 'kin tiyan kaya napangiti ako ng tipid. "How did you know?"

"Naalala mo pa ba yung bata ka? You like playing flour that you almost make the whole kitchen like it was snowing, you silly kid," she said that makes me chuckled. "So? What do you want to bake? Cake? Cupcakes?" She asked. "Oh! Or pandesal?! You love that right?"

I just nodded and smile. She was smiling as she prepared the stuff. I never seen my mom smiled like this a side from buying luxurious stuff. It's just a simple moment but it made me smile that she remembered that I loved baking kahit matagal ko na ito binitawan kasi mas gusto ko magfocus sa pag-aaral kasi ito yung gusto ni Daddy.

"Mom?"

"Yes?" She answered, while mixing the egg and the flour.

"Why are you doing this?"

Napatingin siya sa 'kin at ngumiti. "I know you're having hard time because of your Dad kaya napapalayo yung relasyon niyong dalawa. I was stupid back then for trying to fix between you two na kahit tayo ay malayo rin ang damdamin na 'tin so I thought giving you expensive gifts would help to fix between us pero no, I just realized that the only thing could fixed between us is giving you the love and care that you deserv. Not a expensive penthouse either but a home that you could feel safe, honey," there's a tears forming on her eyes and so do I.

I bit my lower lip as I embraced my Mom. I've been praying for this moment and it feels like I'm in cloud 9. I cried on her chest and she was also sobbing on the top of my head.

The kitchen filled with our sobs. Happy sobbed.

***

To: Yahwi

The relationship between our mom is getting better.

I bit my lower lip and shook my head and erased the message.

"What's with the long face? Hindi ba masarap yung pag bake ko ng pandesal?"

I laugh and placed my found on the counter top. "No, Mom. It's the best, pwede na siyang ilagay sa mga coffe shop," I chef's kiss.