Chapter 36

~burn it down~

~3rd POV~

Y/n ran in the direction of the scream, trying to locate Mina. Miga stirred a little bit, but her eyes remained closed and swollen.

"Ok ok think think." This estate was too damn big to correctly locate where Mina could possibly be. She is likely in her room, but it almost seems like a trap to go that way.

~~~~~~~~~

Mila walked through her father's now ruined house. Who knows how many of their staff were actually alive. She came across a PMPFC member and before they could even say anything, she shot them in the head. She stepped over the body and made her way down in order to act out her final plan. She carried a bottle full of liquid and a small bible in her pocket.

"Mila?" She heard a voice call out as she crept around the estate.

"Who?" She quickly pointed her gun but lowered it when she recognized y/n.

"What the hell is going on?" Y/n say Miga down and approached her older sister. Mila looked surprised before her face turned solemn.

"Y/n, I'm being serious. Get. Out. Now." Mila said with a haunted tone and tossed her gun to the latter.

"No I need to save Mina, she's in trouble!" Y/n protested.

"FORGET HER!" Mila yelled before taking a deep breath, "save miga and yourselves before it's too late it'll be ok."

"But-,"

"Get out now and call the police. Report the names Toshiro Kawamura, Minami Sato, Chaeyoung Son, and my sister."

"G-got it..." y/n felt shame for not going for Mina but something in Mila's demeanor meant business. Y/n grabbed Miga again and found an exit. Y/n ran towards the Yamaguchi's and told them exactly what the second daughter had told her.

Mila made her way downstairs to where Mina was kept for days. The bottle in the hand fell out and left a trail all over the marble steps. She was careful not to slip but moved with quickness. She pulled the key out of her pocket and moved into the cold "dungeon" and locked the door.

The Bible was placed in the middle of the room with a lighter next to it. Mila tore off the first page that read her father's name, Myoui Jiro, in perfect handwriting. She placed the torn page in the corner of the dungeon and lit it with the lighter.

"Let's see." Mila quietly said to herself and started at the first page. She began to read out loud as if she was speaking to an audience.

Memories of her childhood and family flooded her mind, perhaps it was the flashback before her death.

Unlike Mira, she wasn't smart and she wasn't outspoken like Miga. Mila was just the typical middle child. Of course, being of the royal family came with perks. Nothing of that was comparable to their cousin, the princess Mina.

Mila had heard that her dad was supposed to be king but in a last minute decision on his death bed, her grandpa decided that Mina's dad would be king. Of course, to make matters worse, Mina's dad won the affection of her mom.

From day one, Mila could tell that her dad wished that he was married to the queen and his daughter was Mina. Her mom wasn't as beautiful and they looked like knock off versions of Mina.

There's one specific memory where her dad wanted her to learn ballet like Mina was. Mira was good but Mira was just terrible. Consequently, she was punished but her mom came to her aid.

"'My beautiful Mira, what upsets you?" Her mom, Rikako, held a young Mira's hand.

"It's no fair I can't do anything right. I'll never be like Mina." She sniffed and tears fell down her face.

"My darling don't say things like that to yourself. You are one of a kind." Her mom pinched her cheek and Mila's sobs slowed down.

"Here look, I'll read you one of my favorite stories, I even know it by heart." Her mom put Mila on her lap and wrapped her arms around the young girl.

"Mom you deserved better than my sorry excuse of a father. I'm sorry I let all of this happen and let jealousy ruin my family. I could've intervened by I stood by and pretended not to know. I only told Mina recently but it doesn't fix the fact that we ruined her life. I'm sorry not stopping Mira and father earlier on, I hope you forgive me mom." Mila confessed and wiped a tear from her face.

The heat from the fire increased as it began to rapidly spread. A flame had caught on the hem of her dress and danced its way up. Mila had finished her final confession and went back to ready. She winced as the heat engulfed her body and tried her best not to cry is it burned her skin.

Within 5 minutes, the small fire had engulfed the entire area. As it spread pass the door, it had encountered gasoline, which allowed it to spread up the marble staircase.

"Do you smell that?" A worried Minami looked at Mira.

"It must be because of all the bodies, we better clean up before we take care of Mina." Mira replied