13

'The most beautiful part is that I wasn't even looking I found you

'The most beautiful part is that I wasn't even looking I found you.'

There he was. Standing there looking like a literal God.

I'm not lying.

He had on a pair of black jeans which made him look even taller than I remembered, and he paired it with a black t-shirt, which highlighted his strong muscles. His neck was decorated with the usual chain as well as his fingers covered in rings. He held the leather jacket in one hand and car keys in the other.

Once he noticed my presence, he froze. He quickly recovered and tapped his sisters shoulder in order to get her attention before signing to both of us, saying the words along with his signs.

'I'll drop you both off to college', he signed.

Noticing I was about to protest and say that I would walk he quickly added; 'I want to drop you both off to college.'

He had only known me for a little while and already knew that I would try and say no to him going out of his way to do something for me. It made my tummy feel all funny and a blush appeared on my cheeks, yet again, not that it disappeared in the first place.

I gave a timid nod and rushed to put my shoes on, not wanting to waste any more of his time. Even though he assured me that it was no bother, I knew better.

He opened the front door for me and Sofia and let us out of the house before following, shutting the door on his way out. He led us to the garage and then unlocked the car.

I didn't know much about cars at all really but it looked really expensive and clean. It was a shiny black colour with leather seats inside and I was scared to get it dirty. I went to the back of the car and waited for him to tell me to sit inside but before I could, he signalled for me to come round to the front of the car.

Looking down at my feet, I quickly shuffled towards him. He opened the passenger side door for me and gestured for me to get inside.

I did as I was told and hurried into the seat. From the mirror in the front of the car, I could see Sofia sat at the back of the car, writing in a notebook.

She must have seen me looking as she quickly looked up from her notebook and signed that she forgot to do her biology essay. She blushed slightly and then continued to write.

I turned around just in time to see him open the door and sit in the drivers seat. He placed his jacket on the vacant seat on the back and was about to start the car before he looked at me and stopped.

I froze in my seat. Did I do something wrong?  Did I get his car dirty? Was he going to kick me out of the car and make me walk to college? I hope not because I didn't know where I was!

Before I could worry anymore, he looked at me and said, "put your seatbelt on please, amore."

I quickly buckled the seatbelt over me and turned to face the window to hide my blush from him. He then reversed the car out of the driveway and started the drive to college.

Sofia was busy writing away, trying to get her essay done before we reached college and the only noise was coming from the quiet radio playing in the background. It wasn't an awkward silence in the car, it was one where I was able to just sit there and admire the passing view from the window.

I must have zoned out because before I knew it, we were there. Not wanting to waste anymore of his time, I unbuckled my seatbelt and was about to open the door before he closed it, opened his own door and came round to open the car door for me.

I mouthed a quick thank you and got out of the car. He then went around the car and opened Sofias door for her too and they both made their way around to the front of the car.

'Ready to go?', Sofia signed whilst adjusting her backpack straps.

I gave a nod in response and began to walk to my first lesson.

I didn't make it very far before I heard him call out my name.

"Liliana", he said softly.

I turned around apprehensively, wondering what he had to say. I made my way over to him and as he always does, he looked deep into my eyes, making me feel dizzy.

"Stai bene?", he whispered. He said it so quietly that I would have missed it if I wasn't paying attention.

I nodded and then slightly shivered due to the windy weather. He told me to wait where I was as he made his way over to the back of the car to take his jacket out. The jacket. He gently wrapped it around my shoulders and gave me a soft smile.

The bell suddenly rang and I knew that I had to leave now if I wanted to get to my lesson on time. I signed a have a nice day to him before I left. He grinned and replied back, "I'll see you after college, amore."

My happiness dropped at that.

This would be the last time I would see him. I'd have to escape after school and go back home. I've already been too selfish by staying with him longer than I should have and it wasn't fair on him.

I didn't let the thought linger for too long after that as I turned around and caught up with Sofia.

'So, you and Luciano?!', she signed, wiggling her eyebrows as if she was hinting at something.

It took me a moment to understand what she was insinuating and I shook my head almost violently to get my point across that she was getting the wrong idea.

She let out a laugh and thankfully left it alone after that. She changed the topic by asking what classes I have today and it turns out biology was the only class we shared together, but she insisted that we meet up for lunch.

Being kind must run in the family.

I smiled in affirmation and waved goodbye to her before walking off to my first lesson.

I walked to my lesson with a small smile on my face but that suddenly changed when I entered the room to see six armed police officers standing in a line, all directly looking at me. I could only focus on the man in the middle, my father.

I was in for one hell of a beating when I got home.