Chapter 13: Thats no Moon

(Don't think of contents of this chapter as DID it's more like possession with permission)

Red Volcano proved to be a pain in my butt no matter where he came from or what he was doing. Blue Beetle and teens metas made the situation a non issue before I could get there. Something was off all I had to do when I got there was tell the press I at the moment had no plan to join the League, now that was a thought.

I was a little agitated being out of the loop with the senior members of the team, I was feeling restrained. Nightwing disappeared on me while I had a panic attack, and the issue was not that I had a panic attack. He's always had an issue accepting the consequences for his actions.

I was picking up Ben from soccer practice the sun was setting and I was a little busy driving. "My friends think I'm weird cause I mom and dad won't let me drink Reach". He told me. "How bad is it really"?

"Do not drink it pal the Justice League won't go in a mile of the stuff". I told him. "If anyone gives you an issue with it just tell them you've got a weird allergy. Trust me tell someone something makes you crap your pants you have an excuse for life"! I told him.

"Yeah that makes sense". He chuckled and we road listening to music. "Did I hit my head at practice? You see the second moon too, right"? He asked and I really didn't hear him at first.

"Not really since I'm looking at the road". I told him as we pulled up to a red light.

"Tomika look at the sky"! He shouted and I looked over.

"Holy Toledo". I gasped. "Ben get my phone and call Conner". I told him and he grabbed my phone before the car behind me started honking the light was green.

"Tomika, we're both seeing this right"? Conner asked. "I'm watching the news right now".

"I'm driving, but yeah are we being called in"? I asked.

"I don't know but I'm not waiting to find out, I'm calling Nightwing. Make your way to the warehouse and drive safe". He said before hanging up.

"That's no moon". Ben chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "Y'know? Star Wars"? He chuckled trying to diffuse my worry. We pulled up at home and I let him out.

"Inside, lock the doors keep Antonia away from the news until I give the all clear". I told him through the rolled down window. I drove back to my apartment and flew straight off to Bludhaven. "The heck is that thing"? I asked walking into the warehouse.

"No clue, open to ideas though". Garfield told me.

Conner came in and started typing away. "Nightwing said stay tuned for briefing while they figure out just what exactly it is".

After a few hours it became clear Mongul and the War world did not come in peace, if the Reach were here that meant no attempt at negotiations only destruction. We stood by on Bio Ship. Prepared for his response. The Leaguers deployed when negotiations failed and the giant laser came out.

"Totally the Death Star". I said watching it in a little bit of Awe.

"Go time Bolt". Arsenal told me. We were able to bypass security and walk right on the War World.

"Alpha to watchtower. Green Beetle's schematics are on the money at least so far. No commander the threat ends". Super Boy confirmed with Nightwing.

"The war world knows we're here"! Blue Beetle warned us as the drones descended upon us. My lightning took them out enmass. More were coming until Arsenal fired a missile and nearly took out Super Boy.

"A little warning might have been nice"! Super Boy told him.

"Take cover". Arsenal snarked.

"Come on guys almost there"! I told them reading the map. We entered this command room and saw our threat.