Chapter 7: My Magic needs some major work.

"What did I do wrong Zee"? I asked hunched over my laptop.

"It's a hard spell I warned you of that". She told me.

"If I'd have practiced more if I had more focus, I wasn't so divided". I sighed.

"Maybe it's time to put magic on the back burner you do have school, work and the team on your plate as is, when did you even have time to practice that spell"? She asked. She was right. "How goes things with your apartment"? She asked.

"Still being worked on". I sighed. The cave was fine I certainly didn't hate it. It was homey and nice to get to feel 21, kinda getting to college dorm experience I was missing out on. "I have horrible time management". I told her and she laughed.

"Call me this weekend if you really want to work on it let's get to work. Don't forget about Raquel's bridal shower". She told me. I nodded and we said good bye.

"Shoot it's the 21st". I realized getting up from my bed. I went to Conner's room but he was gone to class I left a note. "Meet at Chinese place for dinner 6:30. Love Tomi". I signed it sticking it to his door. I tracked back to my room and got ready for the bridal shower. I got my gift and arrive just on time. "Raquel"! I exclaimed hugging her. "I can't believe you're getting married"! I squealed. We were all jabbering and M'gann and Zatanna arrived last. We were all busy greeting eachother and M'gann gave Raquel her gift.

"M'gann, ah, you shouldn't have"! Raquel said unwrapping it.

"Actually, it's, from Artemis too. We bought it together". M'gann told us and it became a bit sullen as we looked at the empty chair.

"What am I doing, having this shower"? Raquel asked. "How- how can we celebrate so soon after-" I cut her off.

"Because Artemis would want us to celebrate". I told her.

"She'd kick our butts if we didn't". Zatanna assured her. Raquel lifted her glass into the air.

"To absent friend". She rose her glass to.

"To absent friends". We repeated.

"And to the bride"! M'gann toasted after.

"To the bride"! We cheered standing up.

All was going well until Captain cold tried to rob the bank across the way. Zatanna magicked us into costume and we burst free from the ice.

"I'm completely doomed aren't I"? Captain cold asked.

"100%". Raquel told him and we attacked.

That evening I waited in the Chinese restaurant for Conner. He showed up around 7. "Hey birthday boy"! I greeted hugging him.

"Hey I thought nearly no one remembered". He chuckled and hugged me back.

"Any birthday wishes"? I asked.

"Orange chicken". He said waving at the waiter.

"Hey Conner. You're really sweet and I care about you a lot I don't know what you've heard but, you're my best friend. And I mean that seriously, this is not worth jeopardizing". I told him and he sighed.

"You're completely right first off. Second I talked to M'gann about our breakup. We both regret things we did at the time. I actually think it might be salvageable". He told me with a big smile. "People were really trying to push us together". He chuckled and I laughed. "Oh yeah it was on both ends people forget I have super hearing". He reminded me.

"Oh gosh". I laughed. We really had a great time as two old friends.